I recently heard an apsm 1300 on a single sa-12. I was quite impressed with the performance. And at these prices, it seems pretty solid. Maybe Ray can run these through the gauntlet like he did with the HPNs.

Hank clamped it and prooved the can put out the clean power. I dunno if it's just the SA8's themselves, but this amp sounds great. Like I said, 2 of the 1500's and 3 of the 2125's are the plans for a cheap system.

POTATO!

Looks nice dude, but those SA-8 are laughing at that amp! Should get yourself a 2k and those bitches will get down.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Looks nice dude, but those SA-8 are laughing at that amp! Should get yourself a 2k and those bitches will get down.

I have a second 1500 on the way, being shipped out tomorrow from a guy on CACO. 3kw on 4 SA8's. I was thinking about going to 10's after a 2-2.5" seat lift, but I don't know, these 8's are beastly. It's either the SA8v2's or SA10's...undecided :lol:

POTATO!

Damn dude that's a lot! That would wang pretty hard I would hope. Rebuild the enclosure to accomadate the extra power.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Damn dude that's a lot! That would wang pretty hard I would hope. Rebuild the enclosure to accomadate the extra power.

Yeah, it is :lol: I'd like to go bigger, it's only 2.1 cubes net right now @ 38Hz, but I would like to do a seat lift & get 4 10's underneath...lol.

POTATO!

YOur ganna need a lot more space with 4 10's I dont think ud have enough but I probably am wrong.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

YOur ganna need a lot more space with 4 10's I dont think ud have enough but I probably am wrong.

Guy was able to squeeze 5 cubes gross with a 4" lift. I got a build log to talk about it more.

In relation to the APSM's, I have a second one on the way, and next week I'll be starting to order the APSM 2125's. Rag on AP all you want, but it hasn't let me down yet.

POTATO!

Sa-10's require 1.0 to 1.25 and since youll be over powering them i'd say the 1.0 cu a piece. Think that displacement will only take 1 cu? I design boxes for different set ups on my car all the time and I normaly take up more than 1 CU in displacments. As far as AP goes, I know the do the power they say they do, but like someone said on this topic, I don't trust their protection cirtuitry myself. Great for the price though! I do remember seeing some stuff about how someone had gotten horrible customer service before. But I only seen that once.

Edit: Ya check this out. I have 2 designs for a IVX-15, first is 4.6cu gross, after displacement its 3.10 the other is 4.3gross and 2.7 net.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Sa-10's require 1.0 to 1.25 and since youll be over powering them i'd say the 1.0 cu a piece. Think that displacement will only take 1 cu? I design boxes for different set ups on my car all the time and I normaly take up more than 1 CU in displacments. As far as AP goes, I know the do the power they say they do, but like someone said on this topic, I don't trust their protection cirtuitry myself. Great for the price though! I do remember seeing some stuff about how someone had gotten horrible customer service before. But I only seen that once.

Edit: Ya check this out. I have 2 designs for a IVX-15, first is 4.6cu gross, after displacement its 3.10 the other is 4.3gross and 2.7 net.

That's huge...Just saying :lol: No but really, you shouldn't have to worry about protection circuitry, but it does do well against heat protection.

POTATO!

• 2 weeks later...

sa-8s and sa-10s have different motors, the 8s have a smaller motor than the 10,12,15, they have the same motors.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Archived