FI BTL Spacers

wizart383

• 3 weeks later...

Is that from personal experiance?

Honestly, no.

Here is my reasoning for what I said. Fi is capable of making anything and everything they put in the subs they make. The cost of plasic, that can act as a spacer on a 60lbs+ motor, versus aluminum isn't much. Therefore if cost isn't the issue I suspect there must be a performance issue. All Fi sells you is performance. There is a reason why they used plastic spacers. I suspect it was because the plastic spacers would not affect the induction of the voice coil in action. I do know that non-ferous metals do affect the induction of a voice coil in action. These spacers are located close enough to the voice coil to affect the induction. By how much? I don't know, but I do know that Fi opted for plastic spacers versus aluminum ones.

It's cool what you're doing. Just realize what you made now aren't just spacers anymore.

You won't run into any induction issues. Aluminum is a non ferrous metal. And if it would hurt performance, than so would the basket because that to is made from aluminum.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

Pretty sure they are magnesium/aluminum alloy.......

So i would agree with monte

Maybe shawn can enlighten us

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

look cool, what subs are holding them down? beefy lil fuckers lol

tempting recone my xxx and use a big spacer..try get mroe xmax (not sure if it would work tho..)

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

I dont know if it doesn't or does affect the induction of the voice coil. If it does im screwed because I all ready reconed the subs.

I guess i'll find out when I install them.

DSCF7507.jpg

DSCF7508.jpg

DSCF7505.jpg

yo dawg i heard u like subs so i put a sub on top of ur sub so u can hear bass while u bass :drink40:

"Damned if i do, damned if i don't..."Sold to: RodeoSport, deeppinkdiver, kevosinn, CortezDTV

Bought from: SlamminBeats, Carboardcat15

Archived