Second Skin Audio

250RMS subs

I would look at the sundown e-15. I just put one in a friends keep in 3 cubes after displacement with about 47 square inches of port on 500 watts and I was very impressed. Sounded great and can definitely hit the lows.

What did you tune the box to? Thanks for the input, I was actually checking that one out.

I believe I tuned it to 33 hz.

Any SSF settings? Also how low did you hear it play down to?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Skar IVX B-Stock 15" $100 shipped

http://www.stevemead...ntory-for-sale/

Dayum bro, never knew about that thread. Bookmarked! Thanks that is a good deal, That one will be added to the list of possibilities. I got that so far, and 2 ALpine Type E 12's for like $140. Also a few others I am considering but do not know prices of yet.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

IIRC I set the ssf at either about 25 or 28. Maybe lower. I will check for ya and maybe send ya a vid

That would be awesome!!! I'm just so curious about it because with RF amps, its a preset SSF, so I want to try and get a feel for how low below tuning they can play. So I can tune the box to what ever, to be able to hit down to 28 but also maximizing how high I can play to.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Dayum bro, never knew about that thread. Bookmarked! Thanks that is a good deal, That one will be added to the list of possibilities. I got that so far, and 2 ALpine Type E 12's for like $140. Also a few others I am considering but do not know prices of yet.

I personally ran those subs on EXACTLY the same amp that you're wanting to run them on. You won't get the lows you're looking for. They sound ok, but when I put RE SR's in the same box, they were way better. The type E's are ok, but honestly they're not going to dig into the lows with any authority. I hate to be the first one to suggest it, but Kicker Comp VRs might be a better option than the Type E's. I had my E's and they did ok, but I'd never put them in another ride of mine.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I personally ran those subs on EXACTLY the same amp that you're wanting to run them on. You won't get the lows you're looking for. They sound ok, but when I put RE SR's in the same box, they were way better. The type E's are ok, but honestly they're not going to dig into the lows with any authority. I hate to be the first one to suggest it, but Kicker Comp VRs might be a better option than the Type E's. I had my E's and they did ok, but I'd never put them in another ride of mine.

Thanks for the input, will defineitly consider it.

Hmm, The VR seems to need quite a big box, Don't know if I could fit 2 12's, but possibly a single 15".

Edited by RooTxBeeR

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Hmm, The VR seems to need quite a big box, Don't know if I could fit 2 12's, but possibly a single 15".

I don't know what you're used to, but my main point in suggesting other than Type E's was that they will not hit lows with authority. They sound ok, but they ONLY sound OK. If I were in your shoes, looking to spend what you're wanting to spend and getting a sub that will get those lows, I'd buy a good pair of used subs. Type R's can be found pretty regularly on local Craigslist ads.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I don't know what you're used to, but my main point in suggesting other than Type E's was that they will not hit lows with authority. They sound ok, but they ONLY sound OK. If I were in your shoes, looking to spend what you're wanting to spend and getting a sub that will get those lows, I'd buy a good pair of used subs. Type R's can be found pretty regularly on local Craigslist ads.

I understood ya, I get it, I'm liking the looks of the SA e-15

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Somebody on here is selling 2 type r 10 for like 140 plus half shipping

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg