Second Skin Audio

ANYBODY WITH A 98+ CROWN VIC OR GRAND MARQUIS, WILL THIS FIT?

im totally confusede when it comes down to tuning my port, i think im just gonna make it as big as i possibly can on the rear deck? otherwise i dont how to get exact measurements so that i can actually tune it to something id want (36hz and under)

Yes 2 15s would work subs face down with reversue polarity ie (switch the - and + going from the amp into the subs this makes the sub "pull" in on the first stroke which is towards the inside of the cabin, that's what you want)

3 cubes sealed. 6 cubea. ported with a port that's 15"wide by 6 tall and about 8 to 12 inches long, I would start with 10 inches long and cut an inch off until ur satisfied

U need to tune to 48! Just because the 4th order is tuned high DOESN'T mean it wont get it at 30 hz

Mine tuned at 40 ish is probaby gonna play into the 20s with ease

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

^^^ Lots of good info here^^ any pics of your setup bro?

and okay so when you say

switch the - and + going from the amp into the subs this makes the sub "pull" in on the first stroke which is towards the inside of the cabin

i can run 1 15 to one of my zx1000s at 2ohms and basically on the AMP side of the wire switch the + and - so that it it goes in reverse? correct? and DONT switch the 2ohm wiring job up? leave that the same? just switch the + and - on amplifier?

another question, im lookin for some 6x8s since all four spots are 6x8 and im curious on finding/comparing some that are cheap but still good.. im thinking the ks68? ill run all 4 of them to my zx650.4 and on mid filter.. how are the alpine type r 6x8s? even though there like $40 more for a set.. ive heard good things about kappa.. i am NOT trying to spend over $200 on all four.... so please only suggest ones in my price range lol.

just ordered a clarion eqs746, my question is, im gonna have my 2 zx1000.1s, one on each sub my zx650.4 and a zx200.4 on my highs should i run my sub out on my jensen uv10 head unit to the amps or should i do it off the clarion equalizer? basically whichever one i run it off it will need to be controled by that obviously

and do i run my rear rca output on my uv10 to the equalizer and not my sub output or front correct? im gonna have my zx200 on my front output on the equalizer and my zx650 on the rear output?

DOES THAT ALL SOUND ABOUT RIGHT??? the only reason i have the equalizer is because my headunit only has a 3 band equilizer..

what are some good rcas that i should order since i need like 6 pair lmao are the gold plated ones best?

Bootin up the comp so I can give u a real response

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

DRAPPER HOW DO YOU HAVE THOSE SUBS WIRED TO THAT COLOSUS

series/parallel= 2 0hms

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

hiffonics collosus (bass)

Hifonics Zues (mids and highs)

2 15in kicker l7s

dynamat extreme sound deadner

viper secured

^^^ Lots of good info here^^ any pics of your setup bro?

and okay so when you say

switch the - and + going from the amp into the subs this makes the sub "pull" in on the first stroke which is towards the inside of the cabin

i can run 1 15 to one of my zx1000s at 2ohms and basically on the AMP side of the wire switch the + and - so that it it goes in reverse? correct? and DONT switch the 2ohm wiring job up? leave that the same? just switch the + and - on amplifier?

another question, im lookin for some 6x8s since all four spots are 6x8 and im curious on finding/comparing some that are cheap but still good.. im thinking the ks68? ill run all 4 of them to my zx650.4 and on mid filter.. how are the alpine type r 6x8s? even though there like $40 more for a set.. ive heard good things about kappa.. i am NOT trying to spend over $200 on all four.... so please only suggest ones in my price range lol.

just ordered a clarion eqs746, my question is, im gonna have my 2 zx1000.1s, one on each sub my zx650.4 and a zx200.4 on my highs should i run my sub out on my jensen uv10 head unit to the amps or should i do it off the clarion equalizer? basically whichever one i run it off it will need to be controled by that obviously

and do i run my rear rca output on my uv10 to the equalizer and not my sub output or front correct? im gonna have my zx200 on my front output on the equalizer and my zx650 on the rear output?

DOES THAT ALL SOUND ABOUT RIGHT??? the only reason i have the equalizer is because my headunit only has a 3 band equilizer..

what are some good rcas that i should order since i need like 6 pair lmao are the gold plated ones best?

ok got on the comp wrote a great response and fucking computer hit back and i lost it all... ok here we go.... again

about the push and pull or phase

the ohms will not change switching + and - at the amp, but the first stoke of the sub will be in, so in the box you designed that would work perfect with the first stroke when the subs are mounted facing down will but up.... you can also do this buy changing the phase on the amp OR headunit to 180 degrees i think that was is easier because you dont actually have to switch the wires on the amp.....

so in all you would only use that inverse mount in a 4tth order like that not in a normal ported box

next your question about the speakers

i beleive they are 5x7 holes and many companies makes speakers that size i used the kicker coaxials for a while, then i stepped my game up and got beymas, now all thats going to my mustang for my SQL setup and ive moved onto 14 focals 6.5s and 4 hertz tweeters, i think that im going to do super tweeters instead tho

i would look into parts express and buy the t3 speaker buyout can go wrong for 30- 40 a pair and you can get the round 6.5s or 5.5s and they will fit! (i just like round speakers way more im completely against the oval or square)

im completely confused on your last part tho about the rcas

keep it simple there man, for instance i have one rca with 4 jacks for the mids and highs going to a crossover then into the amps and i just used y spillters attached to the amps so it takes 2 and makes them 4 that way my front 2 channels are 4 rca outputs in the end at my high amps and my 2 rear ouputs comming from the front end at the mid amp's y splitters and takes thoes 2 and makes them 4

then my sub rca goes straight to rear amp and i use the crossover from the deck to make sure the sub play what i want too

and link to buildlog

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/137995-the-lemon-marquis-2-5ks-2-fi-n2s-plexiglass/page__hl__lemon__fromsearch__1

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

I have 6x9s in my rear deck. They are actually 6x8 cutouts... I have the mids and highs amp signal coming in from the out jacks of the bass amp. Both of those amps mounted where that port is going to be.

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

hiffonics collosus (bass)

Hifonics Zues (mids and highs)

2 15in kicker l7s

dynamat extreme sound deadner

viper secured

I have 6x9s in my rear deck. They are actually 6x8 cutouts... I have the mids and highs amp signal coming in from the out jacks of the bass amp. Both of those amps mounted where that port is going to be.

yeah thing is im gonna have a clarion equilizer and ima have to run 3 runs of rcas, one to each amp, it doesnt bother me any aslong as the signal is good.

im gonna have my sub amps rcas coming from the sub rca output on the equalizer, then the mids rcas on my zx650 to the rear rca output on the equalizer, then the highs rcas on my zx200.4 to the front rca output on the equalizer.. does this sound good?

kinda confusing reading all that

or should i say fuck it and ditch the clarion equalizer and just run one rca set to the rear sub amp with the outputs on the amps to each amp? will it adjust anything on the mid and high amp when i adjust the sub on the head unit? or should i just keep the clarion idea to get best possible sound quality out of my speakers

is it somewhat normal for people to run no speakers off of there head unit? and just to the amps? the ONLY speakers i plan on running to the head unit outputs are my marine speakers that im gonna put a couple 6.5 in the grill to my front speaker output on the head unit.. the only thing is it is only a 3 band equilizer and all ill be able to do is turn the bass all the way down and then treble up and mid all the way down basically to get the best sound out of them? im gonna have them hoooked up to a switch in my dash..

anybody try out them audiopipe tweeters there like 3" ? the atx3230 there only $65 for 4 of them, how would they compare against 4 ks25s? the ks25 are like $80 for a pair and if i get two pair that equals $160.. i could get 8 audio pipes for that price.. and still have money left for wiring... im leaning more toward the audiopipes.. any input?? maybe ill actually get 8 of them instead of my normal idea of 4 tweeters... then i would have to step up my mids game with maybe 4 6x8 and 4 6.5... all off the same amps cause i dont feel like buying any more amps i already got a zx650.4 and zx200.4.. maye upgrade the 200.4 to a 350.4 if i DO get 8 audiopipes?? IMPUT PLEASE THANKS ALOT GUYS THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE WEBSITE LMAO

which setting on the amp makes the sub go in reverse. 180 degrees or 0 degrees... im guessing 180?

also, maybe i should ditch my zx2004 for a zx350.4 or zx650.4.. would 8 of them 150rms tweeters run fine off of that and not blow(do to the fact that i know off brands lie and there probly not 150 true rms)

so.. zx3504 or zx6504?????????????

i want my shit LOUD AND CLEAR VOCALS not SCREAMING PIERCING WACK NASTY WORDS coming out my highs.. so 8 audiopipes, or 4 ks25? or other suggestions?

Archived