Second Skin Audio

ANYBODY WITH A 98+ CROWN VIC OR GRAND MARQUIS, WILL THIS FIT?

With 1 18 when I was testing my box

7" x 22" 154in sqrd. Was too much port, but I had a 2.8 to 1 ratio of sealed to ported

now with a 2.4 to 1 im slammin and the port is 6x22. Man it might get bigger :peepwall: But I can't give all my secrets about my box away :peepwall:

I wouldn't recomend that much port if you box isn't as big as mine too tho so keep this in mind I said before 120" or port ish

I just like round speakers more that's y id go with the 6.5s, they will sound a little better

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

yeah i know but i hear that in 04+ crowns that they have fold down seats?? i wanna take my rear seat off its brackets that hold it up and let the top hang so i can lift and lower it and cut out a huge opening in the rear section and rebrace everything

FUCK THAT i like my back seat thats the only thing holding me back from walling 4 15 l5s behind the front seats with port in center....

you know how cops have partitions in them to bariccae the prisoner from them? well what aout something like that that COMPLETELY seals the whole front from the door pillar to the windshield.. maybe doing that you could get away with STILL being able to use that back seat... hmm.. def gotta get better weather stripping on doors and windows for all that lmao... well im going with the 2 15 bandpass..

what should the size of the TUBE(port) structure be(the actual port part that goes under 6x8 into rear deck)?? just as big as i can get it? then cut the rear deck out to whatever those dimensions were you told me before?? or cut the whole port out that size?? hmmmm... i wish i knew how to find out what the size needs to be for certain hz :(

man good luck getting that box in and out of that trunk. Mine is hard enough with the subs out of the box.

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

hiffonics collosus (bass)

Hifonics Zues (mids and highs)

2 15in kicker l7s

dynamat extreme sound deadner

viper secured

building box in trunk to get maximum square foot possible lmao

okay so from the way it sounds im gonna just cut it out at like 5x15 then go from therethat sounds good.. ill make sure ANY hole that is IN the port section is weldeed up if there is any.. so that my port is completely sealed to the rear deck.. and then cut the port out till i get what i like until its as big as the port itself if it comes down to it lmao

so would you say 3/4 mdf is good for this build? is there a MINIMUM space that the subs should have down in the bottom sealed portion of the box.. i dont wanna blow them with just 700 watts from having too little space.. lmao

i have the trunk bars in got about 12 inches high,,,, more like 10 ish and i wanna say 42 across before you run into high restraints on the trunk hinges i wanna say about 24 deep, might be 20 deep

i wouldnt build in trunk! you cant screw down on the deck it goes into the gas tank along with froward torwads the axle from the bottem well

my box thats 40.5w x 25 h x 20.5 d could be up to 24 deep lifts in and out no problem

box goes together in stages

1, port goes on back deck

2. box goes in

3. silicone port and bolt the port to the box

4. wire subs and screw them in

5. put the plexi front on the box

this way i can take it in and out service the subs etc without loosing my trunk, hell if i wanted i could fit my spare tire in there too, instead i chose my amps go up and down when you open the trunk to expose the plexi front and subs shoot me a pm and ill send you a picture of it almost done, just waitin on recones

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

just sold all for 12s for $450 fo bam there goes $50 more toward my setup

i think ima get some focal 6.5 with that.. im gonna order 18 of them.......................................... LOLOLOL ill throw 4 in each front door, bottom, two or three in each rear door bottom. whatever i can fit.. and then two on each side of my port in the rear deck.. if i have enough room for 2 that is... and then with 4 or so left maybe do some kick panels up front one on each side..

can i run more then one speaker to a crossover if i want it to still give them the same power and that my amp is putting out.. so that i wont have to get a crossover for EACH 6.5..

or are some of the cheap crossovers like audio pipe and that have certain RMS power handling that they will let go through them????.. the 6.5 are 50rms.. these cheap crossovers are 250rms max they say, could i run all 4 to 1 crossover and output all four out of the mid output on the crossover or will they be limited on output power and i should just buy 18 crossovers as well... lmao

sofar this is whats on my list to order this weekend

18 6.5 focal $135

20 suupertweeters

and 4 or 8..dependimg on yalls answer to my above question

Way to many speakers :lol2:

I will second that. Also screw crossovers I would just go active. I thought about kick panels myself but the way i drive i like all the leg room possible lol. Especially on long trips.

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

hiffonics collosus (bass)

Hifonics Zues (mids and highs)

2 15in kicker l7s

dynamat extreme sound deadner

viper secured

Archived