Sundown Audio

rca question.

Babyjuice

My headunit only has 2 pre outs, and I already have a mono block hooked up to the rear/subwoofer rcas. Now. I want to hook up a 4 channel, would I be able to use the front rcas off the headunit then use the rca out from my mono block for the rear rcas on the 4 channel?

Headunit: pioneer 3100dvd

Mono: hifonics brz2100.1

4 channel: fosgate 300.4

BABYJUICE

Just use a splitter on the rca's you run to the 4 channel. The Front RCA's, split it back by the amp.

edit* if you run off the sub amp's rca output and you are using your head units LPF then you will only have lows going to your 4 channel on 2 channels

i just used the front preouts to go into the front input on my 4 channel.

then used the amps pass thru and used like a foot long rca to connect pass thru to rear on the amp.

works fine, you just lose front/rear fading obviously.

So use the front rca output into the 4 channel input then us the 4 channel pass through and connect rcas from there to the rear input?

yes. or you can use the splitters like others have recommended. either will work exactly the same

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I got the amp and i'm ready to put it in but I can't get any rca splitters, so I was wondering if I can use the rca out from the Brutus amp and plug it into one of the rca in on the 4 channel? Im just confused sorry.

BABYJUICE

Archived