help me understand graphics memory

Diablo 3 is about to come out and my laptop pc meets all the min requirements except for memory on the graphics card. will the computer just use available RAM to cover the difference? will the game still run alright? is there any way to overcome this?

i have 128mb. min is 256mb. recommended is 512mb.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

VRAM, or video RAM, is used to store texture data as well as a few other things. For everything you see on your screen in a game, whether it be a person, some rocks, trees, etc. there are a ton of image files that represent the patters on clothes, the bark on trees, all that goodness. Now the more stuff you have on screen, the more memory you need to store all that info. With the advent of high-resolution textures, it's quite common to see games recommending 256 megabytes, 512 megabytes, or even a gigabyte or more of video memory. Graphics memory is also linked to screen resolution. The higher your resolution, the more RAM you'll need to store the frame images before they are pushed to your monitor.

Now, will your machine run it? That's a question I really can't answer. The game will launch and will run but you'll more than likely need to turn all the graphics settings to low, especially anything pertaining to texture quality. Your framerates won't be the best but if you can pull 30fps you'll be fine. I havent gotten into the D3 beta so I'm not sure just how demanding the game is on graphics hardware. It's a laptop so there's likely no viable option to upgrade the video card.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

correct, no upgrades possible. so the video card cant just tap into RAM for extra memory?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Your frame rates will drop pretty hard, possibly into the single digits. If VRAM fills up, your machine starts caching and loading textures off your hard drive, not your system RAM. Hard drives are very slow. Even the fastest SSD's are less than 1/5th the speed of RAM. Worst case scenario is you get really bad FPS in areas where there's lots of stuff to draw or tons of monsters on screen.

Blizzard is usually really good about maintaining compatibility with older machines by making the "low" setting drop graphics demand significantly. Unless they really upped the horsepower required for Diablo 3, I'd expect it to run alright on your rig and possibly have FPS issues in just a few areas. The reason they put the memory requirement is so people don't go and try to run it with on-board graphics and complain later on that their FPS is horrible. The reason they chose 256mb is probably due to the fact that no video cards now-a-days (besides a few laptop models) come with 128mb.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

hmm... very interesting. Thank you very much maxim. I've been waiting 3 years for this game to finally be released and seeing that my computer might not be able to run the game had me a little upset lol. Sounds like it will be worth giving a shot.

Get a new one! Hp has great deals on laptops. I got a laptops for $1087, was worth 1400. Fucking fast and rediculous.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Get a new one! Hp has great deals on laptops. I got a laptops for $1087, was worth 1400. Fucking fast and rediculous.

not a chance. i only got this one a little over a year ago. its not time to get a new one.

Damn, then why did you get one with that low of a graphics card?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

first of all, does it sound like im a computer wizard? lol

i was told it was one of the best computers i could get in my budget of $600

just finished building a rig for d3. just waiting on nvidia to release the new graphics cards and i'm golden. btw you will be able to play the game. just depends on how well it'll look like maxim has stated.

29d 23h 52m 15s till release got my counter going lol.

reaper.png