fleece, mat, resin and practice lol, the hardest part is not getting wrinkles in the fabric and bubbles in the mat but im sure if you make a thread in that section someone will be able to shed some more light on the subject, id deffinately be tuned in im decent with glass but im always looking for more knowledgeResin hardener mdf cutouts bondo and sandpaper to Ay?

I've used resin so I know what that is but what's fleece and mat?

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

fleece, mat, resin and practice lol, the hardest part is not getting wrinkles in the fabric and bubbles in the mat but im sure if you make a thread in that section someone will be able to shed some more light on the subject, id deffinately be tuned in im decent with glass but im always looking for more knowledge

Lol you posted my answesr at the same time I posted

Would t u be able to see the wrinkle first anyways? Tad confused

yes you will see them the trick is to stretch it nice and tight and i like to use staples to hold it in place, i dont know of any other way that works, ive tryed spray adhesive but it turns into a goo when the resin is applied and lets go

if i had the money id do a writeup but glass is expensive and ive already done my projects, its pretty easy tho once you get a feel for it

edit: i forgot to add a shit ton of sandpaper and some body filler

Where are you from?

Or maybe you tell me what I would need and you explain it and I can post my progress here? Like taking am online class

if i had the money id do a writeup but glass is expensive and ive already done my projects, its pretty easy tho once you get a feel for it

edit: i forgot to add a shit ton of sandpaper and some body filler

Where are you from?

Or maybe you tell me what I would need and you explain it and I can post my progress here? Like taking am online class

im from south jersey but if you give me a week im working on a little fiberglass 8 inch enclosure but i gotta come up with the money, i was gonna put it on hold to finish my jeep but i need to get it done anyway so i can sell it

Edited by jrchevy87

So no resin hardener?

yes hardener is required and it comes with the resin, sorry my brains not fully functional at 3 in the morning lol

Does it I was looking for some but it is separate :/ and I'm FiberglassingI for laughs kearn something new

Check out my build log:

So no resin hardener?

yes hardener is required and it comes with the resin, sorry my brains not fully functional at 3 in the morning lol

Does it I was looking for some but it is separate :/ and I'm FiberglassingI for laughs kearn something new

Check out my build log:

So no resin hardener?

you can buy it seperately as you have to mix more hardener the lower the temp is, getting the ratio right is crucial if you mix a little too much itll harden in minutes and creates a bit of heat that causes stress cracks in the glass, and if you mix too little it takes forever to dry, you also need to make sure its mixed well or youll end up with soft spots

Edited by jrchevy87