Big 3 upgrade - Battery Saver mode

Hello, I recently upgraded the big 3 for my 2008 Chevy impala. It increased the voltage from 12.2 at my amp to 15.2 at my amp with the car running. I noticed the past couple of days I get a warning message in the instrument panel saying battery saver active. My headlights are still dimming bad. I have stock battery and alternator. I used 1/0 wire in the big 3. I do have shitty dB link 4 gauge cable running to my subwoofer amp which is a PPI PC21400. I have an old Sony 400 watt 4 channel running highs.

I read that 05' Impala's have a sensor that turns this feature on that keeps the alternator around 13 volts. I'm not sure though. Just something I read. Does anyone have any input or experience on this? Any recommendations? I appreciate any help. I know I can always count on SMD members.

Try turning your headlights on while driving. Not just the auto headlights, but the actual switch. When my Equinox starts dropping it down to the 12 range, this brings it back up to 13.9V. IT's the PCM controlling the alternator and is on most of the newer gm vehicles.

Edited by Lbox88

its the PCM in the car controlling the voltage. like every chevy built in the past few years has this. it'll keep the voltage at like 12.6 to extend the life of the battery so it doesn't overcharge it at 14.4v all the time.

its a good feature to have, but obviously not something you'd want in car audio.

edit: forgot to mention that it has different modes

http://www.duboismarketing.com/pages/article.asp?id=31

Edited by Kranny