A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

The "no gasket" look seems rugged. I like it. I also dig those "specialty" washers. They are neat too.

Those Anderson connectors are cool. I plan to utilize some in my build.

And like always, top notch work buddy.

Ha, ha. Thanks bro. looking forward to making more progress. :)

NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT!!!!!!

O_o

...How you gonna put that bish in the vehicle now? Lol

Build looks sweet as always!

I'm gonna use and old school technique. I'm gonna call a friend over and we're gonna strong arm the bish in place. O_o Ha, ha, thanks for stopping by and posting some words. Good to still see you around. :)

awesome work on that box. very nice attention to detail.

sick box!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see a video. Immaculate job

Gonna sound sick

Thanks fellas. I'm looking forward to firing up this monster. Vids will come as soon and everything is up and running.

Very nice set!

Congratz from Brazil

Hey there Brazil. Thanks for the kind words. :)

box looks great! have you had a chance to listen to it yet?

Thanks. Still have some other areas to work on, so it's not up and running yet. I'm getting antsy though. Can't wait to hear it. :) Thanks for stopping by.

I can't get over how technical and awesome this build is, ubl at all? And can i post the link up for the mounting hardware u used again?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Bad azz box I need one like that

Thanks. Just got to roll up your sleeves and build one. :)

Really is a beautiful box and great build.Do those plex widows need some kind of spacial sealant to seal up airtight.Tuned in for sure.

Really is a beautiful box and great build.Do those plex widows need some kind of spacial sealant to seal up airtight.Tuned in for sure.

I was wondering the same thing. Tuning in to this has definitely given me some ideas for my next build :good:

Awesome job :drink40:

Thanks, I'm always glad to hear when someone is able to pick up something useful for their build. As for the sealant. No sealant required. There's a big hole in the side of the box. :P

I can't get over how technical and awesome this build is, ubl at all? And can i post the link up for the mounting hardware u used again?

Thanks. :) No ubl yet. :\ I got to work on that. :D Sure, post a link for the hardware.

???? Drawing up a little writers block. :D Well, I was off the grid for a couple of days. I'm back now, trying to get things rolling. :) I last left off with the box done with the subs in place. Before the box can go in the amp power cables will need to be replaced. The new box is a few whiskers bigger than the old box hence why the power cables need replacing. How about some pics? I started off by laying out, highlighted in white, the size and location of the new cutout.

DSC04461.jpg

Here the floor insulation has been cut to size to show how much of the floor needs to be cut.

DSC04463.jpg

A little jig saw action to cut the sheet metal.

DSC04464.jpg

Another fine opportunity. The floor sheetmetal is spot welded to a vertical panel on the underside of the Suburban.

DSC04465.jpg

At this point the vertical panel is gonna need to come out as well. This is so the cables have enough clearance to loop around the bottom panel and come up and through the floor. This time around I did not have a fancy tool to cut out the vertical panel. I went old school with some tin snip a hacksaw blade and the ever impressive mini sledge and chisle.

DSC04467.jpg

The carnage afterwards.

DSC04475.jpg

With the sheet metal out of the way. I used some of my fancy cable holders to route the power cables. The cable holders will also keep the cables from rubbing on the sheet metal.

DSC04486.jpg

This shot is looking down through the floor at the cables.

DSC04538.jpg

This shot is looking from the ground up at the cables before the batteries are in place. Alot of cable snaking around going on here. :P

DSC04541.jpg

With the cable opening all figured out the batteries can go back in. Here is a little action shot of the batteries going back in.

DSC04605.jpg

The new cables in place waiting for the new floor cover.

DSC04606.jpg

and here is the cable cover in place. The silicon job is a little messy on this one. :D

DSC04609.jpg

Another shot of the finished cable job. Think, box going in place for the next update or the quickest way to get a hernia. :D

DSC04613.jpg

Someone asked what paint I used for the box. Here it is. I used two coats about an hour apart. On the port and port brace bevels I put a thin coat of wood glue to keep the wood from absorbing too much paint and swealling up.

DSC04645.jpg

:)

Damn phone! Lol I meant can YOU post the link lol autocorrect>my typing skills lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Archived