Second Skin Audio

Newbie to car audio needs help with box

Hey guys. I'm new to the car audio world and was thinking of running two 15" DC level 4's off of a DC 3.5k amp. I have no idea how to design boxes but know that it should be tuned to around 33hz for sq and that each sub recommends 3.25 cubes. I was thinking both subs and port up but really have no idea what is best. Max dimensions for box are: Height-20", Width-39.5", and Depth-31.5". Box designs would be greatly appreciated

People are going to ask you what kinda vehicle you have. Then if you say suv they will say subs up port back. If you say ext cab truck the will say subs forward port to the side. Heard a few people running subs up port up in ext cab trucks but ray runs subs forward port side. Good luck with the build.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

• 2 weeks later...

People are going to ask you what kinda vehicle you have. Then if you say suv they will say subs up port back. If you say ext cab truck the will say subs forward port to the side. Heard a few people running subs up port up in ext cab trucks but ray runs subs forward port side. Good luck with the build.

I know this is going to be a stupid question but I really have no idea or thought of how to do it, how would you design a box that has the sub up and port back would you use the same measurements and just move the port or how do you design around something like that? I'm really trying to learn as much as i can so when go to build my own box I will know how to do it and not have to ask anybody to come up with something for me. just so I can use my knowladge that you all have given me and really use it.

shoot me a PM, i've done a few hundred designs. could help you out

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

well thats the thing I dont want to pay somebody to come up with something for me I just want to learn what all I need to know for building a box the right way and just go about it myself and also learn through trial and error you know what I mean. for example I have no idea how to make a box were the sub is up and port back but if somebody could teach me how than I would really appreciate it and start working because im more of a hands on person I would rather be yold how to do something and go out and try it if it doesnt work give me a little bit more help and I'll try it again. nonetheless i still learn A LOT of stuff here everyday so thanks for everybodies help in advance and for past help