Sundown Audio

AudioPipe? Good?

Mikey Bates

Im super happy with the price i paid for my 4 APSM1500's. At one to each coil @.7 i had no heat issues, relatively low voltage drop, and the shit got down right loud! Then....poof up in smoke, for no apparent reason. I UPS'd em back(that were delivered about an hour ago) to AP, and with no hassles at all, and i mean no hassle, 4 new ones will be on the way once they process my return(2-3 biz days).

I was running the 2010model Crunch PZI1500s before, and the AP's kill the output of the crunch. All low end models/brands i understand but everyone wants to overpower this and over power than with X brand or Z brand because everyone says they are this and that.My suggestion is,learn basic system knowledge to get the most efficiency first, then worrying about big power. try new things and form your own opinion. I will report back when my amps get returned as to real performance that lasts more than 2 days.

I will honestly say that i cant fault AP for the issue, since i cant even trace a problem to cause the failures to begin with. I cant be mad tho, its a 100$ amp that ive seen clamp 1500+ at .5 and 14v. If AP will warranty them with no hassles, for a hundred bux ill keep running em till they wont warranty em no more...LOL

Heres the setup and a little flex vid.

From what I've heard the audiopipe amps will do rated clean as long as you beef up your electrical. I hear AP's are powerwhores.

THE TC SYSTEM:

>2003 Honda Civic DX coupe

>1 TC Sounds TC-3000 1.4QVC

>3cu ft 6" aeroport tuned to 30hz port⊂ forward facing sealed from trunk

>US amps Xterminator XT-2000D (soon to go)

>Pioneer DEH3000ib

>Soundstream BX-20Z Digital Bass Processor

>Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge wire

>Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge wire big 3

Been running mine for about 2 weeks at .5, have had some slight protect issues due to either low voltage or overheating, but that's going to be changed soon.

Or because your running it at .5 daily :fryingpan:

THE TC SYSTEM:

>2003 Honda Civic DX coupe

>1 TC Sounds TC-3000 1.4QVC

>3cu ft 6" aeroport tuned to 30hz port⊂ forward facing sealed from trunk

>US amps Xterminator XT-2000D (soon to go)

>Pioneer DEH3000ib

>Soundstream BX-20Z Digital Bass Processor

>Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge wire

>Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge wire big 3

there okay will give you power for cheap.

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

Been running mine for about 2 weeks at .5, have had some slight protect issues due to either low voltage or overheating, but that's going to be changed soon.

Or because your running it at .5 daily :fryingpan:

That too :lol: At least it lasts at .5 ohms, and I don't always keep it at full tilt anyways.

POTATO!

Archived