Pioneer D-Series Speakers

I tend to agree, I would amp them first (and get em x'd over correctly).. I bet you'd be much much happier ... You could have a 1200$ pair of Mids ran off a head unit, and they'll sound like ass...

Edit- also, if the pioneers handle more power, they are probably a bit less sensitive, and will actually sound worse off the HU than what your runnin now....

Edited by KyLar96

So the Pioneers would sound worse than the MB Quarts if their both hooked too an amp since the pioneers put out more watts?

MBQuarts- 3rd to top of the line speaker MB Quart makes

Peak: 200 watts per pair / 100 watts each

RMS: 100 watts per pair / 50 watts each

Pioneers- top of the line speaker Pioneer makes

Peak: 520 watts per pair / 260 watts each

RMS: 120 watts per pair /60 watts each

Edited by iCool247

'01 2DR GMC JimmyPioneer DEH-6300UBMB Quart 6.5'sSoundown Audio SA 8 V2'sMTX RT-202 GONEAudiopipe AP-1800.1D GONE

Bass-less :angry2:

"So the Pioneers would sound worse than the MB Quarts if their both hooked too an amp since the pioneers put out more watts?"

Wait, so its understood, this is not at all what i was getting at. From my understanding, you were running your mids off your HU. And that buying others that handle more power would more than likely be less sensitive, and running off your HU, not really be an improvement. If your talking about amping both sets, thats another disscussion. I was saying, AMP what you have now.

Just for clarification.

kyle

its impossible to tell how well speakers sound TO YOU just by seeing the sensitivity and power handling and frequency response. what sounds good to you probably sounds like crap to someone else and vice versa. its all what YOU like.