If you need any help with designing it you can email me at [email protected] since I probably won't be on here much the next week or two because of finals.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Now thinking about this. The oem gas tank might be in my way. Is it easier to get a fuel cell and tie it in to the frame else where. Could someone show me how you all have delt with this

OP, If you have the room, i always try and push our customers into going bag-on-bar.

Everything Clnshvnndraggn is telling you is awesome advice! depending on the link style you go, you will have gas tank issues. 3 links are the best way to solve that, as long as you use quality products. If your not going to ever run a large width wheel, then you can get away with a parallel link, with a watts.

DO NOT DO A REVERSE LINK!!

It sound like the easiest way to not have to deal with the tank, but it will give you alot of headaches in the future, along with lots of possible safety problems.

I know about not going with a reverse link. Ive seen the down falls to that. And the tank issue is going to be one thing im figuring out. You think a triangular 4link to miss the tank and also keep everything straight. Im plannning on going bigger on the rim siZe in the future. so im adding that into the picture now. I wont be able to do a big build due to i graduate at the end of june so the time constraint is hold me back from alot.

FBI use to sell a bolt on s10 link that worked great while leaving your tank in the same spot. maybe try and find pictures of that link and get some ideas from it!

Or check out Partsandgo.com, they are having a great deal right now on a universal 4 link for a really good price!

Spend LOTS and LOTS of time doing research on airbags, and all kinds of suspension setups. If you do it wrong, trust me you wont like it!!

My first mini... well lets just say I sold it off real quick after the first bag setup!!

A great combination for a reliable setup that you will be happy with is

-Bag-Over-Bar in the rear on a triangulated 6 link

-SHOCKS SHOCKS SHOCKS!! (i know so many people that say "you don't need shocks, my truck rides great!" ... trust me, spend the extra few $$$ and run them!!!!!

- (8) 1/2' valves (you can always reduce down to slow the lift/drop. But you cant speed up your travel if you go 3/8 or 1/4 valves)

You MUST run 8 valves!!! And not because you can do side-to-side, because it "locks" the air into each corner. It drastically reduces the amount of body roll and the swaying the bags are known for.

-Gauges are NOT necessary, and are most of the time not worth the hassle. You can run them if you like, but if your tight on cash, skip the gauges because you wont look at them after 2 weeks of driving.

-2 smaller compressors are better than 1 larger compressor.They are meant to work together, so they last longer.

-You DON'T need 500 gallons of air... not unless your lifting a school buss! 2 3 gallons or 1 5 gallon tank will be just fine for most trucks. Or a 7 gallon is OK for the larger trucks. But you never really need more that 7 gallons on any daily street vehicle.

-Pre-load your tanks with shop air when going from 0psi on up. It will make them last 10 times longer. Its not mandatory, but just makes them work a little easier.

-And lastly, always carry an emergency air pack. A couple feet of line, some quick couplings, a valve, and maybe even a bag.

This is just my 2 cents and I'm sure I missed a bunch but its the little things like this that makes life on bags just a little bit easier!

Right on man. Thanks for the information guys its helping me out alot with figuring all this up. Got most things sorted out as of today. Im not buying any pre configured link kit or something likebig that. For the class im in, i have tobuild all ofthe the back half and links myself. But ii am doingnot lower bar to frame with a triangular 4link. I knew from the get go id be running shocks on my truck as a damper. running a second compressor right now is not really in the picture due to i bought a viair 480c already. Rear will be Slam ss8, 5 gal tank, 8smc valves, 1/2in would be nice but had go with 3/8in. Things will get changed will happen later down the road. When my money flow is a little better after i graduate. Prolly have my parts next week and start work end of next week. Should be fun little project.

Right on man. Thanks for the information guys its helping me out alot with figuring all this up. Got most things sorted out as of today. Im not buying any pre configured link kit or something likebig that. For the class im in, i have tobuild all ofthe the back half and links myself. But ii am doingnot lower bar to frame with a triangular 4link. I knew from the get go id be running shocks on my truck as a damper. running a second compressor right now is not really in the picture due to i bought a viair 480c already. Rear will be Slam ss8, 5 gal tank, 8smc valves, 1/2in would be nice but had go with 3/8in. Things will get changed will happen later down the road. When my money flow is a little better after i graduate. Prolly have my parts next week and start work end of next week. Should be fun little project.

Thats the way to do it! Build it, dont buy it!

Where are you gettin gall of your links parts from? I can supply you with everything you need to piece it together! Check my signature for where to go!

I got 5/8in weld in and 5/8in studed weld in bushing ,for the top links, from pete and jakes my school gets a discount from them. As for the bottom bushings i went with replacement S10 leaf spring bushing that will be fitted in a chromoly tube thats welded to the link bars.

5/8ths will be just fine if your not going bag-over-bar. minimum bag-over is 3/4, screwed all the way in.

And standard HREW 1 1/4 is fine for link bars if you are using chrome moly weld in bungs. But if you are tapping the bars, then you need DOM.

Archived