Story.. I am looking to start my project for the chassis class im in. I am jumping head first into this sorry if its all over the place . But i have a dodge d50 that im want to get as low as possible have that mini trucktruck vibe Haha. Im making new back half for the frame triangulate 4link and step notching, how much not for sure yet, mounting the bag in front of axle or on top of axle? Im looking to use either firestone 224c or f9000. My problem is which would be better in term of ride also better in my application. I have looked at some different trucks seen more of the 224c style used and not much use of the f9000 sleeve. I know the specs for the f9000 not so much of the 224c. Leaning more towards the bag but If any one has in put it would help alot. Still got some planning to do and trying to learn some stuff along the way. work with me abit if it all seems like crazy mess. Ideas and information gladly accepted.

Stay away from sleeve bags and if it were me I would mount the bags on the link bars. The further forward you have them the more lift you will get and you will be able to run them at lower psi for drive height which will give you a better ride.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

@new guy i honestly didn't know you where out there lol

I looked around more tonight at parts and everything else. I decided to go with a pair of slam ss7 back there. And your saying mount on the links as in mount bags on axle top and then each bag to a link? Then mount the other two links frame to axle. If so i get what your saying. When i start this project ill be posting a build log so you all can see in about 2weeks ill be starting it

No you don't mount them on the axle. You'll mount the bag on top of your parallel bars and then have a mount that comes off the frame and goes over them for the top to mount to. I'll post some pics tonight of what I mean.

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

Here's a couple pics I had on my computer. I tried searching google for some more but didn't find anything good. You can always check out streetsource.com to find out more.

1125200894559AM66171.jpg

LowerBars1.jpg

LowerBars2.jpg

Those are helping me outa with what im doing. My instructor in class is questioning putting the bags on the links to frame. He wants me do axle to cross member with a big notch. Whats the difference in them? Im just trying to clear things up and give some reasoning to doing it the way you showed me.

Running them on your bars will allow you more lift and let you run a lower psi at ride height therefore giving you a better ride. What do you mean he wants you to do a big notch? Figure out what size wheels you're going to run (or the biggest you will ever run) and notch it accordingly. Don't do a bigger notch than you will ever need or 1)you'll have more stuff coming through the floor of the bed, 2) if you do bag it on the axle you'll have to build really high lower mounts to get the most lift out of your bags. I originally bagged my hardbody over the axle because I just had a standard minitruck 4-link kit and the bars wouldn't support the weight. Now that I'm redoing everything (switching to hydraulics) I built new bars and will have my cylinders mounted to them instead of over the axle.

Sorry didnt mean to make it seem like a BIG notch. Im understanding more of all this. I was talking with him today and his main thing was he has not done a build like that before. So he didnt understand my reasoning behind it. If i can come up with a good enough design and plan for it. I might be doing it that way. Ill be buying my bags compressor and everything else on monday. Things are coming together slowly. Im stoked

Archived