quick question about Rockford fosgate 3sixty.2

I have recently purchased a Rockford fosgate 3sixty.2. I'm wanting to run 2 4 channel amps and 2 2 channel amps off of this. I'm not to familiar with this level of audio equipment so I was reading up on it. It said that the 360.2 is capable of 31 bands of equalization on the front 2 channels and 27 on the rear 2 channels. Now the way it reads it sounds to me that each channel is separate. So my question is, can you in a sense use the front 2 channels separate and so on with the rear via splitters out of the 360.2 and run and amp on both sides of front and rear alike. And still be able to tune those amps seperate

thats alot going on there, let me start by saying:

With what i do with mine, and what im aware of.......You are NOT able to "control" multiple amps on one channel, independantly, .... run multiple, yes, not control .... example, you cant take your left front, and hook it up to 2 (or more) amps, and INDEPENDANTLY control each amp.

You can take your left front, and do your buisness with it,,, IE- set up your low,high,band pass with it, and split THAT signal,to multiple amps, but everything you hook that into would have yours or THAT set signal.... does this, or anything i said make sence??

You have alot going on there, so lets start here, and move on.... tell me if i didnt understand what your doing, or trying to do... ....

did this help at all...?

kyle

sorry Kyle I was working on the doors that's gone house all those speakers. Lol was attempting to cover them with vinyl and found out that my skill level doesn't extend that far yet. Lol its a lot harder than it looks.

yea I understand. That's what I was thinking at 1st but when I read the description it said front left and right has 31 bands and the front left had 31 bands. Like they were independent of each other. So are you saying that whatever signal I tune the front right to the front left is gone be the same.

Not a problem, and I got your PM, and sent one back. The bands are for equalization,
Each of the front left and front right channels has a 31 band EQ in 1/3 octave steps. Each of the rear left, rear right, and center channels has a 27 band EQ in 1/3 octave steps. The subwoofer channel has a 10 band EQ in 1/3 octave steps. The adjustable range of each EQ band is +/-10 dB. Meaning, you can raise and lower the provided "BANDS". Like 20hz, 30hz,55hz, so on and so on. And those ARE independant of each other. You can tune the left different than the right. And the front different than the rear, and sub. I must have missunderstood what you wanted, and thats my fault bro.

"so on with the rear via splitters out of the 360.2 and run and amp on both sides of front and rear alike. And still be able to tune those amps seperate"

This is what made me think you wanted seperate control, on one channel. But, if your talking "tuning" the fronts seperate from the rear, and the left different than the right, then, Hell yes you have that control. Thats what its all about. Also, remember to keep your signal STEREO. Like, dont run the tweets on the left front, and mid bass on the righ front, or all the left output will be on the tweets, and all the right output will be on you mids. Know what i mean?

Basically, you have 6 channels to play with, although, i dont know anyone that uses the "center" but you could, for a "mono" out. So, that pretty much leaves 2 left, and 2 right. Who cares about "front to back" (the unit can fade whatever for you) and of course your sub channel. Which is only one output, as im sure you have seen on your unit. Man, did this help any? or did i confuse you more, because appearantly i screwed up?...lol... anyway, feel free to PM me or whatever dude. We'll get you sorted... theres also a good friend on here that helped me out, and get mine rolling, and ill see if he'll join. He is fantastic help. Gimme a second

kyle

I love my 3 sixty.2. What they mean by 31bands is 31 hz points can be adjusted independently L/R on Front and L/R on Rear in case one side reproduces the sound diff.

What you can do with it is run Highs on Fronts and Mids on Rears, low passing and bandpassing. It's incredible the control you now have over what your system sounds like,

I use the center channel mono'd for a set of mids too. I know there's no L/R but I can still bandpass and eq them just the same. Also Time Alignment if your that sophisticated but I'm in a single cab Ranger so I don't think that would make a diff to me.

If you full passed the 3.sixty Fronts and split out from it for two amps what ever you did to the 3.sixty would affect both amps equally. The only separate control you would have would be in EQing if the one amp was highpassed and one lowpassed. Then you could have one 3.sixty channel EQing two amps, one for tweets, one for midrange. but that would require the amps to have good crossovers or external x-overs. That probably just confused everybody but it makes sense to me so :asskiss:

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

Archived