The Rodeo: 4 Zv4 15s: 6th Order: 4 SAZ 3500s: Small Updates pg 39

I spy with my little eye a crimper :peepwall:

I thought your rear port was one of the adjustable psycho-acoustics ones?

Indeed, showed up today...mine seems kinda crappy compared to yours tho? Not sure.

Its adjustable in length but not diameter. Wanting to try out more rear port to see where that gets me. This one s 12" the psychoport is 10".

Team NorthWestSPL

Ahhh gotcha. I'd like to take a look at your crimper at some point if that's cool with you. I have lots of folks messaging me about crimpers they found for $80 cheaper and look similar to mine, wondering what the differences are; but I never have an answer for them haha.

I have a theory that unless you flare that other port, you will most definitely loose on the meter just because of the efficiency of the psychoport.

But, it should definitely bring the frequencies closer together and get rid of that some of that dip in between them.

Love this ride and can't wait for another demo!

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

zyzz would be proud.

yesssssss... hahahah

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(1) Mechman 240

TEAM NWSPL

155db outlaw

I have a theory that unless you flare that other port, you will most definitely loose on the meter just because of the efficiency of the psychoport.

But, it should definitely bring the frequencies closer together and get rid of that some of that dip in between them.

why would he lose? The only thing I can think is because of strength but I sure with fiberglassing it can be made pretty strong.

Curious to see results! The response is interesting... Makes me wonder what mine is like since my tunings are fairly close together

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

why would he lose? The only thing I can think is because of strength but I sure with fiberglassing it can be made pretty strong.

Curious to see results! The response is interesting... Makes me wonder what mine is like since my tunings are fairly close together

I gain over 3-4 db just by flaring my ports. I have a 4th... but same concept should apply.

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(1) Mechman 240

TEAM NWSPL

155db outlaw

Ahhhh the flares! Didn't think about that haha damn 3-4db?? I woulda though around 1db. I'm gonna have to flare mine for sure

Yep! Although keep in mind the flare will also minimally change tuning. Anyways, I'm going to stop cluttering this awesome build log. Keep on doing your thing mitch!

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(1) Mechman 240

TEAM NWSPL

155db outlaw

Ahhh gotcha. I'd like to take a look at your crimper at some point if that's cool with you. I have lots of folks messaging me about crimpers they found for $80 cheaper and look similar to mine, wondering what the differences are; but I never have an answer for them haha.

Yeah, I think I got one of the cheaper ones without knowing. You're welcome to check it out whenever.

zyzz would be proud.

Lol wtf is zyzz?

Ahhhh the flares! Didn't think about that haha damn 3-4db?? I woulda though around 1db. I'm gonna have to flare mine for sure

Yep! Although keep in mind the flare will also minimally change tuning. Anyways, I'm going to stop cluttering this awesome build log. Keep on doing your thing mitch!

No worries Nikita, nothing wrong with relevant discussion. My thought with this port is that since it will be such a huge increase in port area (75 sqin with the current one and 113 sqin with the new one) I am going to gain, flares or not...we will see though. I am going to test both ways :)

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived