Question on fusing

Say you have two amps, 1 run to the back to a dist. block. and from there 2 runs to the seperate amps. Now do I need to fuse these wires even if the amps themselves as replaceable external fuses?

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

just me, but i would. The replaceable, external fuses on the amplifer, usually protect the amp its self. You also wanna fuse the in coming "live" wire to the amp either way,(just think that your distro block is the bat) cuz, if you create a short on the live wire(s) from the distro, even if those fuses on the amp let go, it wont stop the short on the wire itself... If the external fuses blew on the amps, the live wire would still be hot at the short.....

Edited by KyLar96

True that! Thanks, now would I just fuse the wire to what ever is rated for that wire then correct.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

True that! Thanks, now would I just fuse the wire to what ever is rated for that wire then correct.

did that make some sence for you i hope? or make it easy to understand? and hell yes... and rip it up bro... make it all nice and neat, and show some pics dude!

Will do! All I am waiting on is battery terminals. Thanks for the help.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Oh, Another question. I know you need to fuse right before the 2nd battery in the back, and still then off the dist block to the amps, but what about between the 2nd amp and dist. block?

Edit: and if you have multiple batteries, do you need to fuse the wire between each battery? (talking about multiple in the back, ie. 3rd 4th 5th....)

Edited by RooTxBeeR

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Oh, Another question. I know you need to fuse right before the 2nd battery in the back, and still then off the dist block to the amps, but what about between the 2nd amp and dist. block?

Edit: and if you have multiple batteries, do you need to fuse the wire between each battery? (talking about multiple in the back, ie. 3rd 4th 5th....)

with mulitple bats, i have not seen protection in between each, hence the use of buss bars connecting each...

258465914_photobucket_50532_.jpg

bussbar.jpg

the out going, or live, thats different.... cool? is this what you ment?

Edited by KyLar96

I know for the use of buss bars you don't need to fuse because they are all connected. In my case though I would not have the availiblitly of a buss bar. I would have batts on either side of my 32W box, and wanted to know if I needed to fuse from the 2nd batt to the 3rd. Also if you have to fuse from the final battery, to the distribution block.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

well, in that case, that to me, is up to you, theres those that dont fuse their alternator charge wire and get away with it.....get a way with it forever.... and then theres those that say a fuse is cheaper than buying a new car due to a burn down...... I guess what im sayin, is, if its coming off your battery(s), or "hot" then the chance of chaos is there.... do you NEED to? nope...... SHOULD you? .... up to you,....and its only up to you....If you have a cable comin off a hot source, it can cause damage.... know what i mean?

try and go somewhat simple, fuse between bat one and two, and between two and 3. Use a distro block there, and fuse out to your needs....or a come off bat 2 and come off 3, fused to your needs..???.. trying to see what you want/trying to do, and maybe im a bit on the lost end...... keep askin, and between us and the others.... it'll get rollin man....

I

Edited by KyLar96

I understand you 100% That's all I really needed, if I have more questions I shall PM you :)

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm