Second Skin Audio

How does this box look? (IVX-15 on 300W)

looks great man. wonderful first design. only thing i see wrong is that whammy on the bottom. i dont think that will do much for you but the actual problem i see is that it doesnt look like you calculated it into displacement. so that will raise your tuning from what you think it is, if you dont correct for it.

Thanks! Only reason I put that there was the spl gains thread. I know it won't give me that much but I figured I'd try to squeeze as much out of this as I can. And I did calculate the displacment of it, but looking at it now it looks a bit small. But do you think I should just get rid of it?

And is there a reason that torres is consistently about .2 cuft. less than my own calculations of the net volume?

you can leave it. just looks like more than .055 of displacement. maybe you made a mistake?

did you account for the thickness of the port wall? maybe thats where you have your discrepancy.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Looks good, here is a generated cut sheet list for your design in case you found it useful:

PORT LENGTH IS: 27"

Enclosure Specifications:

External Height = 15 in

External Width = 40.5 in

External Depth = 18 in

Port Width = 4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Top & Bottom = 40 1/2 x 18

Left & Right Sides =

Side 1 = 16 1/2 x 13 1/2

Side 2 = 17 1/4 x 13 1/2

Front = 35 3/4 x 13 1/2

Back = 40 1/2 x 13 1/2

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 12 1/2 x 13 1/2

Extension = 9 x 13 1/2

Edited by Joe X

Looks good, here is a generated cut sheet list for your design in case you found it useful:

cut list

Thank you very much. Is that generated from Torres or some other program?

Torres consider the volume of the port end correction length as belonging to the port.

I'm not sure what you mean. What is the port end correction length?

And my calculations were wrong. the new bracing displacement is .09, including the 45 and the 2 dowels. I changed the width to 40.5, which keeps the net volume and tuning to almost exactly the same.

I have changed the cut sheet list for width of 40.5", Yes not to say that the difference you were getting was entirely due to the end correction volume, a port with common walls have an effective length a bit longer than it's actual physical length, it's technical and you should not be concerned since Torres takes care of it automatically, It's just that will show a sligtly lower net volume than hand calculations would show.

I have changed the cut sheet list for width of 40.5", Yes not to say that the difference you were getting was entirely due to the end correction volume, a port with common walls have an effective length a bit longer than it's actual physical length, it's technical and you should not be concerned since Torres takes care of it automatically, It's just that will show a sligtly lower net volume than hand calculations would show.

Interesting. Thanks :drink40:

hmm... i guess i thought that whammy was bigger. is it only like 2.5"x2.5"?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

good first design. gets my approval.

Cool, thanks.

hmm... i guess i thought that whammy was bigger. is it only like 2.5"x2.5"?

No it's 4x4. (0.5*4*4*16.5)/1728=0.076cuft. plus the displacement of the dowels.