Look what I just got off Craigslist

hell yeah its a great deal. im hoping it came with it and he isn't planning on using it.

Whats wrong with using an isolator? I've never used one before so any info on why not would be good.

isolators cut off your battery from getting a charge from the alt. essentially making your amp see like 11v while playing music. once your battery drains enough, the isolator will switch power over so the alt will charge it. which is fucking HORRIBLE for an alt. it puts so much stress on the alt and causes tons of wear.

isolators are used mainly for show cars that play music with the car off, so that they dont have to worry about their starting battery dying once they're done playing music.

hell yeah its a great deal. im hoping it came with it and he isn't planning on using it.

Whats wrong with using an isolator? I've never used one before so any info on why not would be good.

isolators cut off your battery from getting a charge from the alt. essentially making your amp see like 11v while playing music. once your battery drains enough, the isolator will switch power over so the alt will charge it. which is fucking HORRIBLE for an alt. it puts so much stress on the alt and causes tons of wear.

isolators are used mainly for show cars that play music with the car off, so that they dont have to worry about their starting battery dying once they're done playing music.

No shit? I thought an isolator only killed the connection between the 2 batts when the power was off?

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

unless you plan on playing your system with the car off. i wouldn't use it. when the car is off, it seperates the batteries by an internal relay and doesn't let one discharge the other. hence, isolator. when the car is on, it allows current to flow between both batteries with no problem

2000 FORD EXPEDITION EDDIE BAUER

current system

(1) Pioneer DEH P8300UB

(2) Massive audio nx4 mids and highs amps

(2) Soundstream sst-654N

(2) Soundstream sm-654N

(4) Soundstream sme-574P

(4) Massive audio ct1-a aluminum dome tweeters

(4) soundstream sst-05 bullet tweeters

(2) Soundstream x3.182 subs

(1) Cactus Sounds k5

XS power batts

Mechman alt

No shit? I thought an isolator only killed the connection between the 2 batts when the power was off?

no its permanent like skippy said. it will ONLY let your alt charge the rear battery once the voltage drops below a certain point. i dont know what it is exactly, but its well well below 12 volts

unless you plan on playing your system with the car off. i wouldn't use it. when the car is off, it seperates the batteries by an internal relay and doesn't let one discharge the other. hence, isolator. when the car is on, it allows current to flow between both batteries with no problem

it doesn't ever allow current to flow between the 2 batteries. car on or car off.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

What do you guys suggest? It being an under the hood batt or an addition to my stock wet cell batt? If an additional battery, how should I wire it?

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3

What do you guys suggest? It being an under the hood batt or an addition to my stock wet cell batt? If an additional battery, how should I wire it?

if you can replace the stock batt with it, then great. if not, just put it in your trunk and run a piece of fused 0 gauge from the front batt to the rear. ground rear batt to frame/strut tower, with paint sanded off. hook up amps to rear batt.

if you can replace the stock batt with it, then great. if not, just put it in your trunk and run a piece of fused 0 gauge from the front batt to the rear. ground rear batt to frame/strut tower, with paint sanded off. hook up amps to rear batt.

That's what I was planning. But the 2 batteries won't mess with each other being directly connected?

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3

i need to find a deal like that for 4 of those......great find u lucky prick...lol

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator