Sundown Audio

Amp sending constant signal to subs.

So i have a crunch pza 1400.4 being used as a 2 channel amplifier for 2 kicker cvrs right now and i have a very weird problem. if i turn my car on to where just the radio is on and the engine is not started everything is fine and it all runs normal, but when i turn the car all the way on the subs then recieve a constant signal from the amp which eventually throws it into protect mode. i cant figure out exactly what the problem is since it works when the engine isnt running but does not work while it is running. any suggestions of what i should do? and dont suggest an upgrade because i will be doing that in a few months anyways and have the plans already worked out.

Where did you grab your remote turn on?

Is it a honda?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

it is not a honda and i actually didnt install the stereo in this car it was installed before i got it. as for the remote wire it is in the right spot on my stereo in accordance to how it should be done but since the radio is not in right it may actually be in a bad spot now that i think about it. i just ruled out the remote wire since it worked without the engine on.

I had the same exact situation happen to me. It turned out to be just a bad RCA from the radio to the amp..... I would start there.....even if the rca looks fine.....try running one before pulling it from underneith the carpet first to make sure.....also check the ground on the amp since that too will send a buzzing noise through to the sub...hope this helps :)....good luck

Either you actually check it or im done helping

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

It's a ford Taurus. The remote wire is ran fine. I think it may be the ground fuckin everything up.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets