Here she is installed. The paint I used matched my carpet very well. I didn't go crazy attaching it to the box since it's only 1/4" mdf. I figured It'll work since I'm not gonna be throwing 150s at it.

get-attachment.jpg

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

NEW VID!

th_Video0253.jpg

Sorry if I talk too much. I gave up on thinking about looking cool or anything. I've already made a jackass of myself on this build. Lol.

Edit- in the vid, I meant 4 or 6.5 with a tweeter on the corners of the dash. And I don't want to put the two rear 8s and 6.5s in the wall. It'd be a separate piece kinda 45'd in. Look at Scottishbear's build, that's where I got the idea for the rear stage. I'll put a tweet in each door.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

• 3 weeks later...

This gives me ideas, page 1

Hey man, use what you see. We're all here to give each other inspiration. I will give a word advice if it's the rear deck. Either use thin mdf, or put it on top and use foam to smooth it out. I can't get it to fit all the way back in, so there's a visible gap you can see from the rear window. I'm probably gonna fiber glass it until I do a wall or anything.

On another note, I have dubbed my car "Molliboo". Thinkin' 'bout a custom emblem to replace the factory "Malibu" logo or atleast something to put on her to signify that. Might go with this for starters.

plate.png

Not too tacky or anything for a front plate, is it?

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

My friend wants to work on his this weekend, so im just kind of grabbing stuff i can find for him..

mostly i need pics of the " big 3 upgrade " got any pics of your wiring under the hood?

NOTHING DOWN HERE YET :(

OBSIDIAN FTW

No big three done. No money for the wire. Just 4awg (Well, 5+ actually...) going from my positive battery terminal under the car to my amp. The ground is behind the back seat. I couldn't get to the frame, the kit didn't come with a long enough ground cable. I just ziptied the power wire along the brake lines since there's nothing hot around them. If he runs the wire under the car, be careful around the engine bay and any moving parts. Don't need it getting melted or ripped.

thescottishbear might have some more insight. His build is MUCH bigger than mine.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

making some great improvements dude

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

making some great improvements dude

Thanks man. Always looking for something to mess with on this thing. I sense a rebuild with what I have now coming as soon as I can get well established at my new job and get funds. I mean, it's budget Fosgate stuff, but I wanna see what it can do if I keep messing with it.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Newest idea.

I really want to try my subs in a 4th order with a port through the rear armrest so that I don't have to keep my seat folded down. for anyone who designs boxes, does this look ok for the ported side of a 4th order with 2 12s on 150w a piece? It'll be about a 1:1 ratio. I don't like peaky boxes.

bandpass.png

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Secondly, the rear deck is getting glassed. I get tired of seeing the monstrosity that I just threw together back there, and it bothers me that I halfassed it. So if anyone has any really good suggestions on glassing, I'm listening. I know one problem will be getting it back in without cracking any bondo, however I'm going to upholster it with the fabric that's on there now, so it might not be that big of a problem.

Edit- Not the same exact fabric. Same fabric. New piece of it.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Archived