NEW MIXER! Presonus/EV LiveX Live Sound Rig

Well, for those that care, did my first gig last Friday with the board, really helped smooth the sound out & get the band checked real fast. Mic'ing everyone up was the hard part :lol: I've actually been asked to do two more Relay For Life events, one on the 1st in Morehead, KY and the other on the 15th in Louisa, KY. Excited to get the stuff back out and do it again!

POTATO!

• 2 weeks later...

Moar updates. Next up is another set of 18's, another set of 12's, and some lights. I do have plans once I get the staging and lighting done to buy a larger rig, which I will probably stick with the EV gear, only passive.

My larger rig will consist of something along the lines of 4 of the ELX215's, 8 of the ELX118's, 4 EV Q1212 amps, and a DBX 260 processor. Been looking at the QRx's, but haven't found much about using them as of yet.

POTATO!

I'm following this.. Ive almost got into doing gigs myself, however I will still be setting up a nice DJ/Pro rig in my main room.

Looks like you got a lot of good equipment going on there and i'm glad your getting some jobs!

WOW !!! Awesome Setup Sir ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I'm following this.. Ive almost got into doing gigs myself, however I will still be setting up a nice DJ/Pro rig in my main room.

Looks like you got a lot of good equipment going on there and i'm glad your getting some jobs!

If you're looking to start out and want something nice, I definitely recommend the LiveX series, powered or passive. Powered makes everything easier, and they sound great!

WOW !!! Awesome Setup Sir ...

Thanks, it's slowly coming along :lol:

Just a little update, here soon I'll be purchasing another set of 12's/18's for my rig. That way, this set up will consist of 2 115P's and 4 118P's at front of house (which is plenty for most small stuff), and 6 112P's for foldback (4 at front 2 for drummer, or 5 front 1 drummer, whichever I want to do). I have been looking into the passive gear, and hoping they will release a dual 18 sub soon. If not, I'll be getting 4 of the ELX215 dual 15" cabs and 8 of the ELX118 18" subs on 4 EV Q1212 amps with a DBX 260 processor for large shows. Still can't figure out why the passive 18's have a higher rated max SPL (132dB) versus the powered cabinets (125dB) kind of disappointing...But that's in the (hopefully near) future...

Here's a couple pictures from recent gigs. One outdoor, one in a bar.

156146_10151753710505512_882335675_n.jpg

577578_10151753738265512_938895330_n.jpg

283663_10151802205915512_75770705_n.jpg

POTATO!

The Presonus mixers look absolutely insane. What's the purpose of a compressor? Do they keep everything at a consistent volume?

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

The Presonus mixers look absolutely insane. What's the purpose of a compressor? Do they keep everything at a consistent volume?

Compressors tend to help reduce peaks and dynamics in vocalists & sometimes drums. Most tend to use about 3-6dB of reduction on the very peaks of a singer's voice to allow their volume to be more controllable. Same thing with a kick drum, it slopes the peaks of the kick down to give it a fuller sound.

A bit more detailed info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range_compression

POTATO!

Archived