18" BTL + other questions, square me up please

Saltine

aight. decided to get off the RE bandwagon b/c of the us amps price hike bullshit and been reviewing these 18" btl's

i was planning on ordering the speakers real soon i see they have them basic $410 what are the benefits and what should i upgrade to if any with there options like

P Chamfer:  no yes +$10 

Cooling:  no yes +$40 

3rdMagnet:  no yes +$30 

HiXmCoil:  no yes +$20 

explain please

also i dont know if this setup is going in a 96 rodeo behind the rear seat ported if it can fit or in a 96 towncar trunk

going with 2 soundstream 3500's any pros or cons of the picasso 3500 or recomend a dif. amp

give some pointers ect ect. you know

thanks, Duston

the 3rd magnet and hixamx coil work togethr to provide more speaker movement at lower frequencys

the p chamfer and cooling alow for more thermal handling( so does the hixamx coil)

this should explain the opts to you

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7139

I just recived my 12" btl with the p chamfer and hixmax and 3rd magnet. the reason is i won't be putting more then 2600 watts rms. if your going to be putting more get all of the options.  check out my sub in the  sub/enclouser section.

the 18" your going to need a box that is about 7 cubic feet min.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

ok, sounds like its going in the towncar. should be able to get 14 cubes, its a huge trunk

does port up, sub up sound fine or...

hows the picasso 3500  says 3500 at 1 ohm i mean i can live with 2500 at 2 ohms dont know the true abilities of this amp.

alright as for electrical im prolly gonna buy an iraggi 300 amp alt. just for the audio system depending on the price i can get it for.

how many batteries should i have and what kind. im thinking 1 battery per amp but im taking opinions of tried and true batteries

thanks again, i will have plenty more questions in the future but im just getting some ideas to total up how much ima $pend

just to let you know the p chamber is part of the cooling package

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Im going to be running 2 BTL 18s with all the upgrades in my truck....actually the p chamber isnt needed if u get the cooling, its a waste of about 10-20 dollars. Dats what they the Fi calculator told me when I went to see how much 2 were with all the upgrades and they were about a G sshipped for both together. That guy Scott told me enclosure volumes last week for 1 would sound best in a 9ft3 with 100sq" of port x 25" in length tuned to 33Hz....making it 7ft3 "after" displacement. I doubt seriously u can fit 2 in a Lincoln with 18ft3 of enclosure unless u mean a Navigator because thats da size enclosure for my setup with 2 and it will take up every inch of my trunk except about a half of foot where my batteries are going in a Tahoe. U might can fit 1 but he also told me that at the smallest if space was an issue u can do 7.0ft3 with 100sq" of port(he said I would have to play around on port length because it would be shorter) making it 5.0ft "after" displacement. He said I would lose Db on da bottom end but it wouldnt be that noticeable considering the amount of power Im going to be running to each (4k rms). I do have experience with those PCA amps and I will advise u to not waste ur money on them. Id say do 1 face the sub up and ports back towards the rear of the car and do something like a Orion HCCA5000D which will give u around 2500-2800rms or a MTX92001 which will give u 3k-3500rms. If u wanted more power then step up to the Rockford T40001BD, Crossfire VR4000D, or Autotek MM4000.1D like Im going to put to mine. In otherwords ud be better off getting 1 sub and a hell of an amp versus 2 subs and 2 medioker amps. Get ya an alt and about (2) 2000+CCA deep cycles and ur in there. Dont get me wrong the PCA amps are ok but not for a sub like a Fi or Re ...etc. PCA amps are good for subs like Momos,P3s,MTX 7500s..etc basically ur subs u can go and buy at Circuit City or Best Buy. I just feel that if ur gonna spend a good amount on a high quality sub then take pride in ur power too.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

Archived