nissan altima FI SP4 15, Crunch GP3000 pro, Singer Alternator!!! *hairtrick video!*

So I have a 06 Altima with an 18” FI BL in the trunk. I originally designed the box to have the port firing in the cabin but after having it like that for a while I was curious if it would sound any different with the port firing toward the rear and to my surprise it was noticeably louder.

149.4 Db @ 30Hz Outlaw With One 15" Fi Team Sub, Trunk Build. !!!!!Hair Tricks!!!!!

Check Out The Build Log http://www.stevemead...0-4-and-t400-4/

Watch The Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jcplaya3

sigpb.jpg

IMAG1571.jpg

got the batteries moved and the highs amp all wired up

IMAG1573.jpg

everything wired up

IMAG1583.jpg

back end torn apart to install rear speakers and treat everything with deadener

IMAG1586.jpg

before

IMAG1587.jpg

cutting the deadener to the shape and size of the factory deadener

IMAG1589.jpg

rear speakers done and deadened.

also, i found out that this happened. black shit was all over the box, and it was notably quieter.

IMAG1580.jpg

IMAG1581.jpg

IMAG1582.jpg

pulled the top off the box so i could confirm that the surround wansnt rubbing on the wood, and come to find out, i in fact mounted it perfectly centered with about 1/8" to spare all around.

so, needless to say, im really upset and tried to call fi to see if the warranty is transferrable and if they will warranty it for me, but no answer. so i just left a voicemail.

I am really not sure what could have caused this.

sub was wired in series, tuned with a dd-1 at -5db

i hardly even beat on it at all.

i tuned it with the dd1, then plugged in the bass knob and never went past 2 o clock with it.

also, i was told that it was a concern to have the port close to the sub like that for unloading reasons, so i set the SSF all the way up to 35, and only played just mainstream rap.

if it was unloading bad enough to rip the surround, wouldnt it have ripped all the way around?

HALP :(

Dang bro that sux about the sub, might have To ship it back after they respond to u. Its going to suck to be bassless.

yeah i know. i bought it brand new from someone that bought it but never ended up using it, so i hope the warranty will transfer to me.

Surround probably ripped probably from the edge of the cutout from inverting it. Did you check how close it was from the cutout?

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Surround probably ripped probably from the edge of the cutout from inverting it. Did you check how close it was from the cutout?

look up a couple of posts- it had at least 1/8 inch clearance all the way around

Not saying anything one way or another, but a poorly designed 4th order can cause surround blowouts.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

look up a couple of posts- it had at least 1/8 inch clearance all the way around

Whoops didnt see that...

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Archived