Second Skin Audio

1st I think he is worried about the audiopipe ratting at 1500 watts. I think he was wanting it clarified if it was max or rms because he can not find a max output, and is scared it may be a max rating.

2nd I think he is asking a new box design.

When I had my type r 12's each sub had 2.2 cubes tuned to 30hz

Edited by blkgp_03

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

1st I think he is worried about the audiopipe ratting at 1500 watts. I think he was wanting it clarified if it was max or rms because he can not find a max output, and is scared it may be a max rating.

2nd I think he is asking a new box design.

When I had my type r 12's each sub had 2.2 cubes tuned to 30hz

yes pretty much im askin bout box design size ect and what he said bout rms and shit. so yes i dont give a fuck about the prefab it came with the subs when i traded for them. also the pic thing is my fb i guess its linked

also 2.2 cuft per side or net volume?

Its all good. My box for my type r's was 4.4 cubes after all displacement tuned to 30. Yes net volume.

iirc on that audiopipe the specs are 1500@1ohm at 14.4 volts.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Its all good. My box for my type r's was 4.4 cubes after all displacement tuned to 30. Yes net volume.

iirc on that audiopipe the specs are 1500@1ohm at 14.4 volts.

thanx for the details on that. how did you come up with that size trial and error? also what is the technical term for "tuned" does it deal with the frequency responce of the sub?btw i have looked at the deffinitions of theise small paramiters and i understand most of it

No trial and error just a random guess that worked rather well. Im still not 100% sure on how to explain the turn "Tuned". It deals with how efficient the sub can be at that frequency response. Example would be if I tuned my box to lets say 30hz and a play a song that is 30hz my sub is going to sounds good it is going to pound. Lets say I play a song that is 42hz the sub wont be as loud. If I am wrong will someone please correct me. So I can give the proper answer next time.

oh ok i kinda figured that i wasnt to sure b/c its never been explained to me. and hell yeah one lucky guess imma try it and see hopefully ill have the same results.

quick question what kind of amp did you have running them and did you have dual 2 or 4?

I had two d4's and 2 alpine mrp500's pushing them at 2ohms. 1 sub per amp.