Loud Selenium try-out, a couple of 10PW3 & Super Tweeter's ST300

Yirgacheffe

The speakers has since last post played music for about 12-15 hours each day. Suspension begun to soften then but have softened a lot more now and the sound has been transformed to a bit calmer character. One can still play loud like the ears will fall off but it's even a bit more nice to music now and I didn't quite expect that to be such a difference. If anyone wonder why I haven't uppdated to much it's because I've listened a lot to music...

I know the photos I took before was crappy, but if you like I could try and get better ones and maybe a video to if enough of you SMD members would like to see one.

If you got experience about Seleniums or any questions it's fine to ask here and if I can't answer maybe someone else will.

Until next time please take care and remember to enjoy the music no matter where you are!

good to hear these posts....im looking into doing something similar in my vehicle using a larger midrange aswell as a supertweeter. But probably will use two midranges per door with a single supertweeter. Im definitely looking into seleniums aswell. Im considering going with an even larger midrange...a 12" or even 15" possibly

As one of the other guys posted though do you find theres a gap in your response between the mid and supertweet?

thanks

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********

1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile

1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)

hey thanks for the updates on your equipment.. i'm glad you like them.. i'm not too interested in the seleniums since they are WAY too big for me..maybe the 6 inch will be good for me... i am however very interested in your opinion about the supertweeters.. any updates on those? how do they sound?

thanks

2008 BMW 550i M Sport

Build coming soon!

2000 Volvo s40 1.9T
Pioneer DVD navigation head unit
O2 audio performance mid range speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-6 Pro Mid Range Speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-8 Pro Mid Range Speakers
4 Selenium ST200 Super Tweeters
Hifonics ZRX2000.4 Amplifier
2- 12 inch DC Audio Level 4 m2
Hifonics Brutus BXI-1610D Amplifier

2 KinetiK HC1400R- Secondary Batteries
Kinetik HC600- Secondary Battery
Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge big 3 upgrade

• 4 weeks later...
good to hear these posts....im looking into doing something similar in my vehicle using a larger midrange aswell as a supertweeter. But probably will use two midranges per door with a single supertweeter. Im definitely looking into seleniums aswell. Im considering going with an even larger midrange...a 12" or even 15" possibly

As one of the other guys posted though do you find theres a gap in your response between the mid and supertweet?

thanks

i am however very interested in your opinion about the supertweeters.. any updates on those? how do they sound?

thanks
Been listning to music a lot and watched movies with these Seleniums!
There's a gap or it might be one, but I don't think it would be a problem because the basic idea is to play very loud, and if one run it active the speakers might be tweeked to better performance in time.

I use the Audison Bit1 and run them active with ICEpower, and I belive I found a nice cut to begin with.
Four Selenium 10" between 100Hz and 4500Hz. The Super Tweeter (one pair) from 5500Hz to 22000Hz.

Edit : 11th may 2013
The Seleniums sounds much better nowadays, but still loud as the F-word. Been played with dual DLS Utlimate A4 amps and a couple of other brands just for fun (since last) Both at home and in a car. Softer soundstage but nfortunately quite a soundbeam right into your brain still. Hi-Fi.. maybe not.. but LOUD and clean PA-system = Yes!

Would I buy another one, I might just do that if they were more easy available around here. Got six 10" and one pair of supertweeters now, next doorpanel will only be with two pair of 10".. much to loud with three 10" pair for only one pair of supertweeters at least I think that. / Edit

Archived