fairly new to car audio, 1 18" box help

hey guys im fairly new to car audio ive been around it a bit and ive done alot of research but this part i dont know of. i have a small car and was wondering if i could throw a 18 in there. what would the generic minimum dimensions for a ported box? if size is really an issue id go for sealed.

i havent measured the back but i think i have 35+ inches across and around 30+ for the hight. have to check depth

The most "generic" I could get would be 6 cubes, 34hz, with ~80sqin of port.

What driver, how much power, and what's your listening style?

im new to car audio i dont know entirely what that means ^ i can order a custom box online with some demensions and then the reccomended all those other specs for the specific sub. but what im wondering is if a box will be a decent one with like 35x32ishxsomething

if not fit in the actual back i could use the back seat im just curious side wise. and im looking for a budget 18 and id want to strap anywhere from 1k to 1.5k watts and id use it for daily use and maybe a competition or two i have nagging friends. lol. but mostly daily.

You're looking at 6ft^3 for a ported box and 4ft^3 for a sealed box. Look at the restricting dimensions in the location where you want to place the box. Give the torres calculator a try too if you already know the frequency that you want to tune the box to.

If you don't know what we are talking about: either stick around and read - you will pick it up. Or post your max dimensions, what subwoofer you are using, what amplifier you are using, and what style of music you listen to.

rap and dubstep i listen to. and as for the sub any budget 18, i dont have any experience with 18s. strapped with anywhere from 1k to 2k watts. use it for daily use. my maximum width across is like 36 inches or so and the height is around 33 or so. i dont remember the depth

Archived