Second Skin Audio

Bad idea?

Building a new single-sub system for my daily-driver. I'm on a budget som I'm going with a Hifonics BRZ1200.1D amp. Will wiring a Pioneer Champion Pro TS-W3002D2 down to one ohm on that amp blow it or cause damage to it without adjusting the gain down? I'm fairly certain it can handle the additional 200w RMS, but I don't know if Pioneer has gotten worse in the 10 years since I have purchased one of their products..

Edited by 8ight

I'm gonna hate

you'll be just fine, any sub can handle 1 ohm, but not every amp will.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

I had those Pioneers and they did take a beating, I'd say just go easy on the gains though. Tune everything right and you shouldn't have a problem. Mine were hooked up to a brz 1200 as well.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I had those Pioneers and they did take a beating, I'd say just go easy on the gains though. Tune everything right and you shouldn't have a problem. Mine were hooked up to a brz 1200 as well.

But you had two I take it? This is just one going on that amp.

@AB18VFL It's the wattage I'm pushing that I'm worried about, not the impedance.

Edited by 8ight

I'm gonna hate

I had two, correct. I had experimented and ran them individually too. I also swapped amps and put them on my bxi1610, wired down to .5ohm and they were seeing some dirty power at times, but they are still bumping today. I burped one of the single 10's on the brz1200 @ 1ohm for about 30 seconds and it got a little stinky, but that was before I tuned the amp and I'm pretty sure it was clipped to hell lol

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I had two, correct. I had experimented and ran them individually too. I also swapped amps and put them on my bxi1610, wired down to .5ohm and they were seeing some dirty power at times, but they are still bumping today. I burped one of the single 10's on the brz1200 @ 1ohm for about 30 seconds and it got a little stinky, but that was before I tuned the amp and I'm pretty sure it was clipped to hell lol

Starting to think I'm not going to punish that poor sub with 1200 RMS, I'll play it safe and grab an RE Audio SXX12D2 unless there's something better for under $250.

I'm gonna hate

Browse the for sale section here... Might be some decent stuff floating around. I don't know about the RE speakers though. Don't have any experience with them, but people have said that their build quality has gone down and aren't as reliable as they used to be.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Browse the for sale section here... Might be some decent stuff floating around. I don't know about the RE speakers though. Don't have any experience with them, but people have said that their build quality has gone down and aren't as reliable as they used to be.

Well, that's not exactly good news. I wanted to order a DC Audio sub from TechForce Services but it looks like they are no longer stocking them.

I'm gonna hate

Go to the DC section here and go to the price request thread and request some prices on the level 3's and level 4's in the size that you want. Whichever rep see's it first will get back to you as soon as they see it and they'll PM you a price shipped to your door.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg