Second Skin Audio

building the perfect box for 2 12" s in a 97 gmc sierra xt cab

hey , im down grading from my 18 " fi btl to 12 "s so i can get my ext cab back with seats... now ive lloked around for boxes that go under the seats and they are all sealed and doesent cut it , i want ported..... i do have a hump in the mittle of about 2 inches and thats about it. idc if the box came out and took the space of the spot where ppl put their feet on the ground because idc if ppl put their feet on the box, as long as they can sit. now im debating on 12" or 10" . and idk if its possible squeezing a sub behind the seat ,,.... i dk if its too tight. i have no demensions because my 18 " fi btl is currently in there... id love to go ported but i dont have much room....:/

i was thinking 2 alpine type R's again...... or two 10" alpine type X if they would fit.....

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

That hump is far larger than you are giving credit for. You will not get two 12s under the seat and port it without extensive fiberglass work or at all.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

97's are similar but not the same as the 99-02's. You could get one of these ( http://caraudiofactory.com/-c-22_27_46.html ) for your truck & add an aero port, or find someone with one and model your design off theirs, but two 12's will be severely choked on air. Two 10's would work better. I'm running 4 8's in my truck and they love it, two 10's should be alright with aero ports...

POTATO!

would thoses boxes be tooo small for a port..... and yea i wanna shove 2000 watt rms.... looks like i cant by the looks of it .... unless i really customized itand build a box that stick out twords the feeting area...

well the hifonics brz 2400.1d put out 1700 rms at 2 ohm , going to two type r 's , is that okay ?

Archived