Basics of a good enclosure.

I am currently set up with a single run of 1/0 welding cable (OFC) with only the positive line on a stock battery in my 05 Impala. Stock alt too. Sundown SAZ-3500D, 2x Fi BL 12 D2 wired to 2ohm in a shitty enclosure. I plan on (in the very near future) grabbing me a few batteries to replace the stock under the hood and have 1-3 extras in the back and also running another line of 1/0 for the ground. As my Fi subs are slowly giving out (my fault), I plan on reconing them and giving those to my brother and picking up a couple Digital Designs 9512s with whatever upgrades I can grab. I read a few detailed threads across the internet, watched some videos from people that seem to know the facts behind what they are talking about, and played around with WinISD and Bassbox Pro a bunch to get a better understand of what an enclosure SHOULD be like.

As it stands, I can fit an enclosure of 17"H x 34"W x up to 40"D in my trunk facing forward with the read seat removed. I have never competed in a competition, and actually have only spectated one recently, but I hope to compete in the future. So with that, I would like to create an enclosure that would have a removable port to tune separately for daily and for SPL.

What I hope to get out of this thread is the basics of what a GOOD enclosure needs.

So far, I understand that angling won't always yield the best results and should only be applied to the pressure points of the enclosure. I also understand that subs in an enclosure have a sweet spot of how much volume they have to work with.

I will be picking up a TL for myself to find small gains once I possibly can, but for now I wish to just learn more.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Straight cuts. No gaps. 3/4 thick wood or thicker. Quality wood glue like titebond 2.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Whoa. I ate dinner and two replies already! Thanks guys.

Although I welcome the obvious for future readers, I hope to get some more advance specific details like one gone over in this post:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/98191-spl-gains-updates-on-page-16-slot-flares/page__view__findpost__p__1357403

...describing how if you 45 every corner it may result in a loss of SPL (probably due to the change in direction possibly causing some cancellation within the enclosure).

That's the thread I refer a lot of people to lol. It's a good read, lots of good info.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

That's the thread I refer a lot of people to lol. It's a good read, lots of good info.

I enjoyed it and bookmarked it for future reference. It made me realize how a TL can be one of the most efficient things to get in terms of $:dB ratio. Now if only Steve Meade and Tony D. teamed up to make a TL alternative on the cheap. :P

• 2 weeks later...

that topic is definitely fun, i´m considering updating it a little bit more very soon, even gonna try an octoport box vs aeroports box, we´ll see , glad it´s helpful for you guys :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/