dhall9 Posted June 3, 2012 Author Report Posted June 3, 2012 quick question, where did you get those female/male plugs for the factory molex plugs? I did a quick search a while back and couldn't find anything. Got a link by chance? I got you bro, Here is a link for the delphi catalog you'll need. The connectors in question are on the first couple of pages. http://delphi.com/co...hure/met150.pdf Here is the website I order my stuff from. They're the only ones I've found that don't have minimum quantities on this kind of stuff. http://www.mouser.com/ You'll need this crimping tool if you plan on making your own terminals. If the crimp is not perfect the terminals won't fit into the connector. http://www.performan..._24_14_AWG.html at first I wasn't keen on spending $30 on a set of crimpers, but they have come in handy so many times now. Almost all the connections in a gm vehicle are delphi connections, so you do a lot of wiring in gm vehicles they are well worth it. This guy is a lifesaver too, if you plan on removing terminals from factory connectors. http://www.pcsconnec...m/12094429.aspx
Blue Posted June 3, 2012 Report Posted June 3, 2012 K thanks for the links man. Unfortunately I drive a vw, but the pins and such look the same as mine. formerly known as Blue86f150 its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies. Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive this sux camel dicks
dhall9 Posted June 3, 2012 Author Report Posted June 3, 2012 It could be the same. Delphi connectors are used on a lot of different makes.
bigsteve04tahoe Posted June 4, 2012 Report Posted June 4, 2012 Here are some pics of the door pods and misc. wiring photos. The seal colors are different for different size wire. Yellow is bigger than orange. Door pods wired up. In case you're wondering what the 4 wires are, 1 set is the signal obviously, and the other is the for the tweeter. The crossover is built into the 6.5. I thought that was kind of cool. No extra box to mount/hide somewhere. Installed I have those same components in my Hoe and love them. Pioneer AVH-P9400BH head unit Galaxy Tab as library for Bumps 1Tb hard drive for more music (only about 200Gb) Rockford T400.4 for mids and highs 2 Crossfire 1700d strapped for subs 2 Sundown Zv3 15 inch subs Power T1652s components in front and rear doors. Punch tweets in the A pillars Big 3 upgrade in 1/0 Future Plans Kick pods for some more T1652S components Maybe some SA8v2's in a custom console once i get around to building it.
qu1cks1lver56 Posted June 4, 2012 Report Posted June 4, 2012 Super clean install, man. I can tell you are very patient lol. First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
dhall9 Posted July 17, 2012 Author Report Posted July 17, 2012 Been a while since an update, so I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves. Got questions, don't hesitate. Blue LED dash, door controls, HVAC, etc...upgrade The gauge cluster LEDs have since been replaced with "straw hat" LEDs to eliminate the hotspots from the regular LEDs. Rear Suspension Upgrade...Spohn choromoly adjustable trailing arms and panhard bar and DJM rear swaybar.
dhall9 Posted July 26, 2012 Author Report Posted July 26, 2012 System Update: I have successfully blown all my mids and highs. I can turn the volume up about half way and the speakers start cracking and making a god awful sound. The speakers were rated for 60rms and that's what I set my gains at using DVM and ohms law with the hu turned up 75%. I guess it's time to step up to the power series, because the punch series speakers can't handle the punch amps.
dhall9 Posted August 10, 2012 Author Report Posted August 10, 2012 System Update: Under futher investigation I deduced I had a clipping issue. I only had distortion noise issues with certain songs. So the question was where is the clipping coming from? Double checked all the amps and all the gains were set appropriately. After a little searching around I downloaded audicity and checked a couple songs. The actually audio track was what was introducing the clipping. And audicity is awesome because it has a "fix clipping" feature. Ran my problem songs through the process and no more problems.
josueh95 Posted August 20, 2012 Report Posted August 20, 2012 super clean build! great work man -2000 chevy tahoe 5.3 liter v8 -two DC audio level 3 15 inch subwoofers -2 pairs of infinity kappa 60.9cs components -rockford fosgate t1500.1bd for subs -rockford fosgate t400.4bd for mids and highs -alpine deck -big 3 upgrade 0 gauge power cable -optima yellow top battery -custom made subwoofer enclosure 6 cubic feet tuned at 35hz
dhall9 Posted August 21, 2012 Author Report Posted August 21, 2012 super clean build! great work man Thanks.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.