Project "Yoda" 95 toyota corolla

well just bought a new daily driver....a 95 toyota corolla....only paid 150 for it but had to do a bunch of stuff to it....new passenger fender, and door, 2 used tires and rims, and just some other random stuff......so have about 600 in it all together.....but thats cheap as hell to me....cheap on gas and insurance too

but on to a system

front stage

power rf 4" speakers

rear

right now it's some shitty sony's but planing on getting power rf 6.5 components

sub

planing on gettin the newer model 10" p2's (will be in a prefab until i can seal off the trunk)

future plans

seal off the trunk, build door pods for the front for 2 component 6.5's and door pods for the rear for a matchin pair of 6.5's get rid of the rear deck speakers, 2 runs of 0 guage and a second batt with the big three

on too what got done today

yoda.jpg

heres the car, got to do the fender tommrow and do a run of 4 guage for now and do a fuel filter

yoda2.jpg

heres the speakers i put them in today but this is all the pics i have because my phone didn t save the rest....but on the door behind the the speakers i put a scrap square of damp pro to help out more pics tommrow

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

system in planing stages right now

looks like a fixer-upper but sounds like you know what you want. Were you planning on designing your own box eventually?

ya i live right round the corner from a dude that was a gm of a local audio shop...we talked about it and he said he'd help me out with doin it all..and i think it might turn into a comp car after a while but right now i just want a small system in it to get me by maybee compete this summer at a couple local usaci and nw spl comps just for a lil fun

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

if you plan on using the factory rear deck 6.5" speaker mounts, you have to cut out a lot of plastic on them because it bends towards the center so the magnet of any aftermarket speaker will hit it and prevent the basket from seating completely on the mounting holes.

well didn t get as much done as i would like today because of the on and off agian rain.....got the fuel filter done (ended up bein a bitch to get out but went back in like cake)..got a new rim and tire on the back because turns out on of the ones i bought was bent like a bitch so had to get another on and put the tire on it......even affter the fuel filter still wanted to studder at 3 grand so i ve been tryin to tweak anything i can to get it to run smooth....i got it to idle smoother amd it will accelerate a lil better now but not much and not all the time....so i put some injector cleaner in it with premium to see if that helps but might have to do a fuel pump yet(hopefully not)

anyways i ll try to do the fender tommrow if the wheather holds out.....

and does anyone kno how to tint my tailights and turn signals to make them look nice i don t want to have them lookin all flat but just a lil glossy dark

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

if you plan on using the factory rear deck 6.5" speaker mounts, you have to cut out a lot of plastic on them because it bends towards the center so the magnet of any aftermarket speaker will hit it and prevent the basket from seating completely on the mounting holes.

i think that has already been done but i m not totally sure but thxs man

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

You don't need 0Ga wire, and you don't need 2 runs.

Get rid of the rear speakers and work on your front : it will sound much better with a good front stage.

For the bass, you know what you want ! I would have make another choice, but it's your car and your system.

Good luck bro !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

You don't need 0Ga wire, and you don't need 2 runs.

Get rid of the rear speakers and work on your front : it will sound much better with a good front stage.

For the bass, you know what you want ! I would have make another choice, but it's your car and your system.

Good luck bro !

i want to do 2 runs of 0 just because what i m gonna put in it now isn t final.....i m going to deaden most of the car 2 not for the 2 10s but because i will be putting a much larger system in it eventully and i want all of that stuff done already....mostlikely it will end up with 2 12s sealed off maybee ported through the rear deck on about 2500 to3000 so i want everything done already so when i do buy the subs and amp all i have to do is build a box and put it in......

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

well did some work today......

got my 4 gauge run and the fender on......

the fender didn t turn out the greatest but looks a hell of a lot better....

on to the pics............

yoda-1.jpg

where i run it through

yoda3.jpg

other side

yoda2-1.jpg

yoda4.jpg

runing it under the carpet

2012-05-07_17-40-50_433.jpg

out the other side

yoda7.jpg

put the center console back on

yoda5.jpg

got the radio in better with the oem brackets instead of the stupid cutting that the previous owner did

yoda6.jpg

fender on but you can see how wide the gap is

yoda9.jpg

the bumper still needs another bracket to get it all back together better

yoda8.jpg

it doesnt look bad from a distance though

kepp in mind this is just a beater car.....so take it easy on me

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

Archived