Team Bassicks Civic Build 12 DC 10's *New Plans should I???*

:popcorn: you can't be as loud as me alpine. just stop. but i would like to see moar pics :peepwall:

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

• 2 weeks later...

did a lil work today....

skittles didnt have faith in my port so i thought it would be a good time to test fire it see where i stand

putting it together and wiring subs

subsin.jpg

got the supports in the middle

was working didnt take many pics

all wired up wires out the port for testing

allsubsin.jpg

the kinetic batts will not go there by the way

allsubsin2.jpg

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

so my testing went like this i was guessed (hoping for a 152) just sitting there peaking in the low 40hz range

skittles said 148.x at 55hz lol no faith!!!

this is with 1 batt and the stock Alt dropping to 10 volts

well it did a 150.8 at 58hz :( sad face with no trim panels nothing :jon: Skittles lol

SO i got to add port not a problem i will get tunning to the 38 range but it just didnt sound like the subs were even close to being pushed and i thought the 150.8 was hella weak so we clamped the amp starting nominal load 1.3 3x rise to 4.3 ohms volts droping to 10 volts did 2500 watts and some change thats 200 watts per sub 1/3 the rms of the subs looks like i might have to add 1 more 7k to split the rise and wire lower

not a bad start for my frist clam shell add more power fix tunning i think a 156 is possible when its done sealed off and all pretty going to roll with this

Good stuff alpine.....;-)..now ya see why I wire so low I have 2.7 ohms of rise myself..how you goin to add to port? Put l pieces on inside edges?

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Good stuff alpine.....;-)..now ya see why I wire so low I have 2.7 ohms of rise myself..how you goin to add to port? Put l pieces on inside edges?

ya probably redo the the inside clam part make it longer and add an L piece shrink the port some to

i have a feeling you can make it louder on less power. With that much cone area.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

well my car DOES NOT like 58 hz so there is a gain there when i change the port and remeber its not sealed off from the back good db or 2 right there so yes there are some good gains left but 200 watts a subs is weak time to get 1 more amp wire lower ang close to 10k out of the 800 watts a sub sounds so much better these subs were laughing at me with 200 watts

was a nice wind tunnel in there my shrit was going crazy and only gained .4 dbs by opening a door

also remeber this was 1 batt droping to 10 volts as well JUST A TEST now i know to tune WAY lower before i do anything eles

what batt are you exactly using, i saw you have 6, and staying with the stock alt?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

i was useing the stock die hard and stock alt for the test

i have 7 kinitec 16v's and a 16 volt alt going in but will be useing the 12 volt side of the batts i have to charge these batts at 17 volts tho

Not a bad start.

You know what to do so...

:popcorn:

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived