Second Skin Audio

Is it possible to reduce vent mach without changing port?

From what I understand, the Vent mach parameter in WinISD refers to the velocity that the air is moving through the port in terms of the speed of sound. Too high of a mach and you get port noise.

However, I am running into a little design problem caused by my wanting to have my port facing forward, be removable (making it an external port), and still have to fit within a 35" width along with two subs that mount 12.5". Aka, at the thinnest point, I have 8.5" to make a port.

Now, my problem is that with all variations of the design/tuning that I'm comfortable with, the mach is too high.

So I'm wondering, is it possible to reduce the mach by something OTHER than changing the port itself?

I was thinking something along the lines of adding something similar to a window screen to slightly slow down the movement of air, while even stabilizing it in the process.

Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.

run 4 " in box flared aero ports

Head Unit -- Alpine CDA-9887

Mids and highs -- 2 Crescendo PWX-8's

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

4 Crescendo FT-1 Super tweeters

Mids and Highs amps -- 2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545

Subs -- TBD

Sub amp -- Crescendo Bass Cleff BC2000.

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Processor - Alpine imprint

The only thing i can think of is flaring the port if it's port noise you're trying to avoid.

Maybe i'm misreading, but what is it exactly that you're trying to accomplish?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Max front plate dimensions are 35"W x 17"H x Depth can go up to 40, I'm planning on 25". Keep in mind the 3/4" MDF. Leaving me with 33.5"W x 15.5"H to work with up front. I want two Digital Designs 9512i to face front into the cabin along with a removable port also facing forward. The reason for this is the port, if I'm not mistaken, can account for a lot of the bass. Power will be 230A Singer Alt, [email protected] Ohm, 10 Kinetik 2400, 1/0 welding cable, etc.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what size aerotubes I can fit by making the enclosure in Sketchup, and frankly I'm running out of ideas.

What tuning range do you expect from the removable port?

Preferably somewhere around 32Hz on music for now. I plan on entering competitions eventually, so I would like to be able to change the tuning by simply removing/replacing a plate with an aeo/octo port to another that is tuned higher (was thinking around 59Hz).