Sundown Audio

Deck to 4Channel to Mono?

Mikey Bates

My deck only have front and rear/sub outs. would it be smarter to go from my front and rear to the front and rear on my 4 channel and then the 4 channel out to my mono? that way i would still have control over all four speakers instead of using y splitters on the front channel and then using the rear as the sub.

the 4 channel is going o be a skar audio sk 85.4. link here

http://www.skaraudio.com/index.php/productscatalog/amplifiers/item/sk-854.html?category_id=6

thanks

Grammar fail edit*

If you do that then you are still going to have your subs on your rear channel most likely, and then you wont have subwoofer level control. I would just split the fronts then run the rear/sub to the subs if it were me.

Grammar fail edit*

If you do that then you are still going to have your subs on your rear channel most likely, and then you wont have subwoofer level control. I would just split the fronts then run the rear/sub to the subs if it were me.

I do have a bass gain, so haveing the sub volume on my deck and bass gain is really just excessive

Grammar fail edit*

I do have a bass gain, so haveing the sub volume on my deck and bass gain is really just excessive

You mean a separate knob for the amp level for your subs?

Ok, Well the only issue is see is you might find fading to front/rear might fade away from the subs also depending on how the pass thorough on the 4 channel amp works. Let us know how it goes.

Archived