lets see your rear fill !

well iam wanting to use rear fill in my sql truck since a drive long trip (5 hr +) with passengers sitting in the rear

wouldnt just tuning them 3 db lower in the back take care of them not taking anything away from the front stage?

idlew1ld the French Frog !

i thought people used some speakers in the rear to accent the rear, not a dominant sound but somewhat of an accent

Rears should be used to help with rear ambience and to enhance wider stage width

most people are scared that rears will draw their stage back, so they don't use them ...

I know I have been out of competing since like 92, but I rememer rear fill was something you got judged on. Have the rules changed?? And I know I prefer to have rear fill. I dont want my ride to sound like a concert woth everything up front, I like it to sound more like my living room with sound all the way around.

well iam wanting to use rear fill in my sql truck since a drive long trip (5 hr +) with passengers sitting in the rear

wouldnt just tuning them 3 db lower in the back take care of them not taking anything away from the front stage?

For some reason ... Alot of Sound Quality judges ABSOLUTELY do not believe in rears in a Sound Quality vehicle ...

Some will even go as far as counting you off in points for having them ... Sounds kind of Subjective to me, but what can you do ...

I personally love rears in a Sound Quality vehicle and think they are imperative for the system, but if you compete, you must learn your judges, and if you plan to win, set your vehicle up to what impresses them the most !!! Right or Wrong ... IDK

This is one (there is many more) reason why I will be rebuilding my front stage setup in the near future ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

well for my side of the storie iam not competiting and have no intention too

i work in this truck surveilling my emplyes 14 hr a day and carry alot of project manger site super ect and i dont want them to be drowned out by the bass lol

idlew1ld the French Frog !

If you have to use rear fill, then use them with low power and remove the vocals, as said previously, there are used for ambiance only. I personally do not use them, I opt for a good solid 3 or 2 way active front stage and a sub stage that blends nicely with them.

I do not compete, previously I always had rear fill but a few years ago I remove them and never looked back. If you do not plan to have a sub stage then a rear fill is very helpful by adding drivers that gives you more bottom end, but again remove the vocals.

how does rear fill have more bottom end? i guess its a possibility but not a given, then again i have a pretty massive 3way in the front so hard to compete with that

anyway im running 6.5 HSK 165L + 1" Rockford Fosgate FNX silk tweeter in a pod for my rear fill. When i used to compete these were not installed so i cant really say how they would affect my sound competition wise. I originally wanted a second driver to keep up with my front stage for 5.1 but i just tone down the front and increase the rears when listening to surround sound... they are turned down for reg stereo listening but no specific freqs are cut out

100_0748.jpg

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Rear fill is as allready told here not necessary. The big problems are time alignment (as the waves need to travel a longer distance in most cases) and the troubles with focus. The output from the radio would be sufficient, but con's are no time alignment and different amp coloration... oh yeah, and my radio has no speakeroutput. :D

All in all, I use them for people sitting in the rear, but the speakers are hardly audible sitting in the front. The passengers are a lot happier & I never did any SQ competitions... I built the system for my ears ^_^

Woofer: 12" Phase Linear Aliante Limited

Mids & highs: DLS Ultimate 5 1/4"

Amp: Audison VRX 6.420

HU: Sony CDX-C90R

Archived