Sundown Audio

SAZ-1500D v.3 / SAX-125.4 Pre-Orders

Production started this week. Typical lead-time is 90 days but I will say to be safe expect them at the end of August. I am going to go ahead and open up ordering since I know many of you have waited anxiously for the 2012 models to start rolling out.

As with any pre-order delivery times are an ETA (estimated time of arrival) and are not a guarantee of the delivery date. I do feel pretty solid on this one as the new amp factory is working pretty quickly for us so far on the NS-1 models, though.

SAZ-1500D v.3 :

Pre-Order Price : $445.00

Regular Price : $525.00

SAX-125.4 :

Pre-Order Price : $425.00

Regular Price : $500.00

Pricing is shipped in continental 48 states. Contact us for a SH quote to AK or HI. !!! THIS IS FOR USA ONLY !!!

To order get in touch with your favorite local or online dealer or send a Paypal in to us at [email protected]

All production amps will have the "tiffany" style RCA cables; these are NOT pictured on the prototypes.

SAX-125.4 PHOTOS AND SPECS:

ORIGINAL THREAD

8.30” x 2.32” x 11.02” -- WITHOUT MOUNTING FEET

Factory tested power as follows @ 1 % :

138x4 at 4

203x4 at 2

438x2 at 4

SAX125.4_THD_Chart.jpg

CIMG6208.JPG

CIMG6209.JPG

CIMG6210.JPG

* Hard to tell but there are small holes in the board on the right for the fan on the opposite side of the board to breathe.

CIMG6211.JPG

* 1500D v.3 and the 125.4 together

CIMG6212.JPG

CIMG6213.JPG

CIMG6214.JPG

* WOW :)

CIMG6215.JPG

CIMG6216.JPG

* 99% of the crossovers... only lacking the 12/24dB slop switch. Fixed at 24 dB now.

SAX-1500D v.3 PHOTOS AND SPECS:

ORIGINAL THREAD

SAZ-1500D: 8.30” x 2.32” x 16.53” -- WITHOUT MOUNTING FEET

Little bit of testing in Derrick's Explorer -- using my Extech power clamp meter (which always reads low vs. separate meters method) :

26 Hz

46.6v

43.7A

2036 Watts

1.06 ohm

27Hz

48.2v

40.4a

1974 watts

1.19 ohms

CIMG6195.JPG

CIMG6196.JPG

CIMG6197.JPG

CIMG6199.JPG

CIMG6200.JPG

CIMG6201.JPG

CIMG6202.JPG

* The fan blows through the board to expel air out the sides of the amp. Will do a heck of a job in terms of cooling :thumbsup:

CIMG6203.JPG

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

good price. I will pre order tomorrow.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

• 5 weeks later...

Ive been planning it pick up a 100.4 and a 1200 but this seems liek the way to go with this pre-order. How would one go about pre-ordering? I guess going direct would be the easiest way but do you just state in a note that you are pre-ordering these items? (never used paypal)

Also my plan is for two(2) SA-8 V.2 's under the seat of my silverado since i only have 9 inches of height and just over 1 cuft ported down there with a fiberglass box (could do a 10 if fired into the seat), would the 1500 be too much for them or would they eat it with proper tuning? (going to use the 3sixty.3 for processing when it ships)

If the subs can take this or you convince me that the 10 would work better then you will def be hearing from me shortly.

Ive been planning it pick up a 100.4 and a 1200 but this seems liek the way to go with this pre-order. How would one go about pre-ordering? I guess going direct would be the easiest way but do you just state in a note that you are pre-ordering these items? (never used paypal)

Also my plan is for two(2) SA-8 V.2 's under the seat of my silverado since i only have 9 inches of height and just over 1 cuft ported down there with a fiberglass box (could do a 10 if fired into the seat), would the 1500 be too much for them or would they eat it with proper tuning? (going to use the 3sixty.3 for processing when it ships)

If the subs can take this or you convince me that the 10 would work better then you will def be hearing from me shortly.

Yes you would state in the note what you are ordering.

Two SA-8 v.2 will work better than an SA-10 -- especially with a 1500D for power.

You will have a hard time accidentally damaging two SA-8 v.2 on that power.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Yes you would state in the note what you are ordering.

Two SA-8 v.2 will work better than an SA-10 -- especially with a 1500D for power.

You will have a hard time accidentally damaging two SA-8 v.2 on that power.

Gooood Gooood, the response I was looking for.

Pre-order is goin in shortly has been submitted. Now its gonna be hard to be patient, but well worth it. Gotta wait for that 3sixty.3 anyways >.> and need to get a quote for a pair of those beastly SA-8V.2s :diablo:

Edited by dcofer