Sonic Electronix

Can the dd-1 detect distortion while playing music?

I was wondering if I can hook the dd-1 up to my amp while playing music to see if I have distortion. Wasn't sure if the dd-1 could even do that so I wanted to ask before trying it myself. It would be really nice if it does =).

check your music in windows media player it has a scope. You can actually see clipping in a song using wmp

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

i played some music after i checked my amps...yes it will show distortion.but you will be surprised how much it shows.you wouldent even wanna play your music after you see it light up lol..even though im sure its just light distortion,its crazy

but like this ninja up here says^^^.just check on wmp.thats what i do.light clipping dosent really bother me,but a song where every kick and bassline clips i just wont play it loud

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

Well I have all of decafs zips and that's all I play. However, on some of his songs it seems like its distorting like hell. Its really loud and the input bar on my hu maxes out sometimes. On most of his songs though its nice and clean and the input bar only goes to about 3/4 max. But ok. Guess the dd-1 wont show it accurately enough so maybe ill borrow my friends o scope.

Edit: I use audacity to check for clipping. Haven't checked the songs I'm talking about yet though. You'd think decaf wouldn't allow a clipped song past his grip so I doubt its really clipping. Who knows.

The DD-1 is meant to light up red whenever harmonics of 40hz and 1000hz are detected. I is not meant to be used while playing music. Its used to set the gain to the average loudness of the music you play most often, its called a "gain overlap"

Using 0dB would result in the safest setting but no music is 0dB, only test tones are found at 0dB.

Your input bar on your headunit is likely 1) not accurate and 2) depicting the full range of audio signal which no speaker in the car receives. Utilize the volume knob. I use volumes 35-38 depending on the song(pio3200dvd)

The earliest zips were done in 07-09ish, imagine how much you learn over a 2year period in any hobby, so a few songs are hotter than others but they are no worse than any other rap you would play found elsewhere because 99% of the time the basslines are clean/sinusoidal

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Hey decaf, by chance do you know if there is a benefit with settings your amps with a different Hz rating?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm