Second Skin Audio

Box Help? Single 15"

So i have a Skar Audio VVX 15" D4 sub and a Concept Audio HPN-1500. Right now my sub is D4 and all the gains are set by hear and i have it in a 3 cubes box at 35hz. Im going to recone to a D2 so i can get more and i should be getting a DD1 in a few weeks. acccording to ray the amp was clamped clean at 1100rms at 1ohm. the sub is 600rms but is known to be overdriven so the box has to be meant for the vvx to be driven to 1100rms.

VVX 15" D2 wired to 1 ohm (600rms)

Concept HPN-1500 - with DD1 would be 1100rms clean

Sub likes lows so make tuned to 32hz? ive been seeing people tune to that with these subs.

Will be used for daily but obv wanna try for good numbers on TL

Max dimensions are 40 wide 25 deep and 12 high. . . if thats not enough then i can go to 16 high ( just dont wanna pass window like my current box

going in jeep grand cherokee

sub specs

http://www.skaraudio.com/index.php/productscatalog/subwoofers/item/iwx-subwoofer.html?category_id=8

amp specs

http://www.conceptbuy.com/ProductDetail/25.aspx

any help would be awesome!!!

Go with W-40" H-12" D-20". Port H-10.5" L-32". This will give you JUST over 3 cubes after sub displacements, with a tuning of 32.12 before any bracing displacement. Threaded rod wouldn't take up that much space. This also gives you a port area per foot of 15.29 inches, which is pretty damn solid.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

How much port area was your 3.5 box. I really doubt you will get a significantly different sound tuning from 35 to 32 if anything youll hit a little lower but on music you will probably slightly hit less harder on the upper bass hz.

What power was your amp putting at 2 ohm?

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Go with W-40" H-12" D-20". Port H-10.5" L-32". This will give you JUST over 3 cubes after sub displacements, with a tuning of 32.12 before any bracing displacement. Threaded rod wouldn't take up that much space. This also gives you a port area per foot of 15.29 inches, which is pretty damn solid.

Can you maybe put up a pic?? Thanks Bro!

I'm not in front of my computer right now, but I forgot to add that it was an L-port box and that the width of the port(if I remember correctly) was 4.5".

I'm not sketching up a picture for you. If you want to see that design, go to RE audios website and plug the numbers in I have you. You'll have to manipulate some numbers so that TOTAL port length is the number I gave you. It would show you what the box would look like though. Also, if you do visit that website, don't pay attention to how they say it's tuned, they are wrong.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yeah make another one around 16 inches of port per tuned around 32-35hz if you listen to all kinds of music no lower.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31