Second Skin Audio

Rebuilding 2 15" CVX'S

Now that I have almost completed rebuilding my 12" HX2's (thanks to help from CJVUE) I want to try and rebuild 2 blown 15" CVX's that I have laying arouns. I am not sure how big the coil is. Not sure if I can recone using an SA or DC kit but any help with pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I'm not sure about the coil size on the 15's but i've got a blown to smithereens CVX 12 that i took apart. I measured a 2.5" coil, which is the same as the SA coils, but i've been told that they're somehow different from the SA's so the recone wouldn't work right. i'm not sure if the 15's would be different since kicker advertises them to handle more power.

i've still got everything sitting across from me so lmk if you want me to measure anything.

417246_292109914191947_100001788232162_716990_567684840_n.jpg

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Its a 2.55" coil, I got the info from fixmyspeaker.com. So now I would like to know can I use a 2.5" or 3" coil or does it have to be 2.55"? If it does can I get the coil from them and use any ones soft parts?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

the difference in size is a little less than a 16th of an inch total, so about half that on each side. i'm tempted to try the SA recones just to see if it will work..

Sucks that they use weird coil sizes with their woofers. doesn't completely surprise me though.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I would see how much of a gap it has then check the gap clearances on a SA-15 to see if it would clear....thats not a big difference in size and might just result in a slightly tighter gap.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Well I actually spoke to CJVUE who has used a lot of the SA's subs and he said the landing on the sa and the CVX is different and that's where I would run into issues. It may ideally work if I change the basket but I need to check to.see if the bolt pattern is the same on both. I figured I could get away with a 2.5" coil but I am still waiting to hear back from CJ18 to see if Chas anything that would work and PSI to see if how much their kit will cost.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Where did you get a recone for your Hx2? I have 2 10s that the tinsel leads broke.

Is the sub blown or the tinsel leads just broke? If its just the leads then resolder them to the terminal and I got my kit from CJVue on here its a sundown audio recone kit.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Damn I just tossed out a 12" CVX motor and basket cause I thought they were useless...

Tuned in for results...

I figured I wouldn't throw anything away until I at least attempted to try and find a recone for it so lets see what happens.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif