Sorry bout the brakes still giving you problems. When I first change pads and turn rotors, I go easy on the brakes for a couple of days to let them settle in. But sounds like you have air in the lines. Does the pedal go to the floor?

I see you have a 1999 burban.. You can replace brakes all day, but you will still have the problem.

You need to bleed that ABS box under your hood (its kinda next to the master cylinder and by the driver side fender).

Ive had a simular issue, and for a while I thought my rear drums where loosening up from the system, but after I changed drums, shoes, new brake hardware in the rear, and still had the issue with no system in the truck I started buying new things.

I ended up replacing the Master Cylinder, bench bled it, put it on, bled all the brakes starting with right rear, left rear, right front, left front, and still had issues...

Than I bought a new Brake Booster, put that on re bled the Master Cylinder and all brakes again.... issue still there.

Finally after doing lots of reading on a tahoe and yukon forum, people said that you never need to bleed the ABS box, but one guy did and his brakes than responded right. So I said screw it, all that could go wrong is needing to buy more brake parts....

So I bled each line off the ABS Box (pumping the pedal til it was hard, than opening the line like you would do normal bleeding with 2 people).

Ended up doing each line about 6 times iirc.

Got in my truck gave the pedal a quick few pumps to build the pressure back up and took it for a drive. Wow did they lock up the 24s like a champ!!! The pedal was hard, and it would maybe take a inch of travel for full hard stopping power. Before I bled the ABS box it went to the damn floor, and would barley slow me down at highway speeds!!

Just trying to help. You can either listen, or not listen and spend hundreds replacing things that where fine!!

My truck is a 1999 Tahoe, same damn crap, just 2 feet shorter than yours.

Here are a few pics under the hood, the ABS box with the lines that need to be bled are below my pointer finger.

2012-05-18235943.jpg

2012-05-18235824.jpg

2012-05-18235843.jpg

I thought it was odd that i could floor the brake with the truck off. I'll look into bleeding the ABS box. The brakes arent out right giving me trouble, they still work great, it just bothers me knowing theyre not completely up to snuff.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

I thought mine where up to snuff for the most part. Just figured I had a lot of rolling mass due to the 24inch rims, and the system that was in it, but with no box, subs, amps, batteries it still was the same. Really noticed it wasnt up to par when I drove my friends 97 chevy pickup and me going to brake like I do in my truck caused me locking his brakes up. LOL