Just ordered 2 Crescendo Pwx6-8ohm and 2 pyramid titanium tweets

So im wondering what people have done with going active... When you glass your door do you typiacally want to point the speakers toward your head as much as you can for the best sound? I dont want them to just scream I will have them tuned in nicely with my 3sixty.2. I have everything set I'm really just wondering how to angle my speakers or if I should just fit as many as possible in my doors. 4k daily on one 15" sub is what kinda base I have to keep up with. Any advice would be nice as I'm one of the only people I know of around KC, MO going active.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

So im wondering what people have done with going active... When you glass your door do you typiacally want to point the speakers toward your head as much as you can for the best sound? I dont want them to just scream I will have them tuned in nicely with my 3sixty.2. I have everything set I'm really just wondering how to angle my speakers or if I should just fit as many as possible in my doors. 4k daily on one 15" sub is what kinda base I have to keep up with. Any advice would be nice as I'm one of the only people I know of around KC, MO going active.

Well I can't speak on positioning but I want to ask is what made you get the Pyramid Titanium Tweets? I had a pair before and they were harsh as hell, couldn't throw much power at them because on the right note they would have like a ringing sound.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Well TeamdcDerrick is building his system right now. I saw he was using them and they take 150rms and they are only $10... This is also my first time running active. Granted I do have a 3sixty.2 I just want to make sure I can crossover the tweets well and have everything running smoothly. I thought if they sounded good then great I got a deal and will keep them. If not then I will get the crescendo tweets as well im sure.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

Honest question: why would you waste a 3sixty.2 on $10 tweeters?

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Well TeamdcDerrick is building his system right now. I saw he was using them and they take 150rms and they are only $10... This is also my first time running active. Granted I do have a 3sixty.2 I just want to make sure I can crossover the tweets well and have everything running smoothly. I thought if they sounded good then great I got a deal and will keep them. If not then I will get the crescendo tweets as well im sure.

Point taken well if you decide to run Crescendo and are interested I have the XST2's bought BNIB off a guy on CACO a month ago and decided to run all one brand of a different brand so no need for em. I was unable to make those Pyramids sound good but I wasn't running active and I didn't have something as nice as a 3sixty.2 lol. All I had was a Clarion crossover and eq; for the life of me I couldn't get rid of the ringing in my ears. If you can then you my friend got one hell of a deal on em.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I'll keep you in mind for sure on the tweets bro! I will figure out how they sound within the next week or so I think. Oh and I'm not wasting a 3sixty.2 on them I've had that for about 4 years now. Its made every system I've had sound much better! Thanks for the concern tho lol.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

All the tweeters on the market today are somewhat smiliar, i would use those tweets on low power to not be harsh. but look on ebay, all brands have the same damn design its annoying.

i heard pyles before, and they sound the same as top brand ones.

im considering this sex looking ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PYLE-PDBT39-1-5-400W-HEAVY-DUTY-ALUMINUM-SUPER-TWEETER-400-WATT-1-1-2-/270929594556?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item3f14a988bc

All the tweeters on the market today are somewhat smiliar, i would use those tweets on low power to not be harsh. but look on ebay, all brands have the same damn design its annoying.

i heard pyles before, and they sound the same as top brand ones.

im considering this sex looking ones.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f14a988bc

Soundstream makes those and their a few bucks less.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif