Anyone interested in 27 inch monitors?

When I say 27 inch, I'm not referring to oversized 1920 x 1080 monitors. I'm referring to the 2650 x 1440 things that normally cost at least $700. ex. the Dell 2711, HP ZR27, Apple Cinema Display, etc. I'm talking about the IPS based, high resolution screens. Needless to say, I'm far too poor to get one at those prices. Of those, the only one that doesn't have the really thick anti-glare coating is the ACD which was 1K, and can be gotten refurb'd for I think $800. Again, too rich for my blood.

I've been eyeing the 27 inch Korean monitors on Egay for quite some time now and seriously considering getting one. I'm really just waiting to see how low they go before I take the plunge. A few months ago they were priced around $400, now every now and then you can find them dropping below $300. These are also glossy screens. They use the exact same panel as the more expensive monitors, but are the "A-" panel as opposed to Dell/HP/Apple's "A+" panel. You end up with a bit more backlight bleed, the possibility of a couple dead pixels. Personally, I know the monitor I have has a dead pixel, but I never notice it, so I don't care.

Anyway, for some, one of the major concerns is if you get a monitor that has problems out of the box, it will cost you $100+ to ship it back to Korea. I still think that all things considered, a $400 27" monitor is worth it, but some people (understandably) disagree.

Microcenter is now carrying one. (Review)

Note: I neither own this monitor, nor do I know how "EQD" handles warranty claims. Assume the monitor you buy will have no post-30 day return window support. Being that most monitors won't develop an issue, again, this isn't an issue IMO.

More info.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Damn, I should sell my 2 23' 2048x1152 monitors, and get me one of those

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)