Sundown Audio

Massive Audio N2 Mono Block?

The peak power on it is indeed 1600W but the RMS wattage @ 1ohm is only 800w and the RMS @ 2ohms is 400W. I like that is is 1ohm stable though. I will post a link to some info on it below. It has overheating and low voltage protection which is a plus. Never heard one in person before but for maybe a 1 sub set up it would sound pretty good if you could find a sub to run at 1ohm that is in your price range. If your gonna be spending close to $160-170 on it I would look at he Hifonics HFi1500d at sonicelectronix.com. Hopefully from some of this info you can decide if that particular is right for you and worth the money.

http://www.massiveaudio.com/store/product.php?productid=16223&cat=281&page=1

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

thanks a bunch! I saw that on the website and it got good reviews for it. Right now im running a power acoustic BAMF 2000, and i don't think it runs rated power or voltage, im not sure. However, I think i could get this amp well under $100 so was gonna see if it was worth it. It will be power two DD 1508's so the final ohm load will indeed be 1ohm.

Not a problem at all man. Glad I could be of some assistance. Anyway the PA BAMF 2k I believe is 1200w @ 1ohm x 1chan. You may be loosing a tad bit of power going to the Massive but for well under a 100 bucks that aint a bad deal. My local shop carries this line of Massive amps and the N2 is $189. I hate to say it's worth it when I'm not totally sure you'll love it but its not a bad deal i can say that. Nice choice on the DD subs though man

-James

**edit**

Here is some info I found on the PA amp and it was indeed running 1200W @ 1ohm

http://www.poweracoustik.com/pa2012/amps-bamf-2000-1d.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14639_Power-Acoustik-BAMF-2000-1D-BAMF2000-1D.html

Edited by 252chevyboyz

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

yea i just got em in a proper box today and listened to em for a bit. was extreeemly impressed but im possitive my amp is tuned wrong or power acoustic just isnt producing a good amp...still not sure on that one because I know alot of sonic electronix products arnt rated true (or so ive heard).

I have heard that also but I havent ever confirmed it though. How many cubes is your box? Also is you use the bass boost go for about +2db and under then on the low pass filter i would go 60-80hz and on the subsonic filter maybe about 30hz then on your gains I would start about 1/3 way up and listen for any distortion and if you dont have any just keep moving it up a hair at a time until you can hear a little distortion by ear and then back the gains off just a hair. I could pretty easily pick up the distortion in my system by ear. Also the 2 40A fuses on the PA amp would only allow for 80A or 800w total power right? I have always been a little confused on how the fuses on the amp actually effect the power output but that was just a thought

-James

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Hmm the fuse rating is a very good thought, but I don't know if that size goes any higher than 40A a piece? I will try those tuning specs for sure, if I have a bass knob, does that effect my bass boost or how do I adjust it then?

These are my box specs:

VB: 1.72 cuft

Tuned at 38hz. port is slotted at 4 inches wide and 8.5 inches tall, I think the length is roughly 30.5 inches? I got the box build on a personal message after posting I needed help in the forum.

Watts = Amps x Volts....

So if it has an 80 amp fuse rating, it cannot draw more than 80 amps. Let's say 12 volts, 12x80=960watts. Of course it probably is only 80% effecient so it is actually about 800 watts. It isn't honest precisely, which is why that ocmpany gets a bad rap around here.. If your car sits at 14 volts you can expect considerably more, but don't count on it.. That power acoustik amp probably in inferior to the massive, which is CEA compliant, meaning it is a legit 800 rms. Remember, you get what you pay for.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

that pa 2000 does like 800 watts, roughly counting from the fuse size. dont think about putting bigger fuses in it though, cause then you'll run the risk of damaging the amp.