put bags on a ram 50 (UPDATED)

i planned for 20x9 rim hopfully it will work as planned. ha on those welds? ive been rushing through to get this done. thank you though. I dont have pictures right now but today i got my four link brackets made and sleeves for my s10 leaf spring bushing to fit in.

Just a heads up, unless you plan on having some custom billets made, narrowing your rear end, or doing a 5 lug conversion for more wheel options you're not gonna be able to run a 20x9. Also, without a narrower rear end anything bigger than a 17 with a 215/40 will rub the bedsides. I learned this the hard way in my Mighty Max and don't want to see you do the same.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

I did end up narrowing the frame to accommodate for the bigger rims. stock frame was about 42" outside to outside and i took it to 36" outside to outside. On the 6 lug to 5 lug conversion  i measured the lug pattern and its 6x139.7mm (6x5.5) which is also the same bolt pattern as some gm, toyota and nissian trucks. the difference is the hub bore and stud size between different years. To be honest thought rims are far down the line. Before those go on engine needs a little work (ticks like a champ) :mellow: so i went a little over board and found a friend with a narrow block 4g63 turbo for cheap. thats the next project when i get back to kansas city.

some random pictures and then my lower 4link bars are some what done.

2012-06-12_14-51-48_644.jpg

not for sure what this spring is from but its my new suspension.. haha

2012-06-13_15-03-26_76.jpg

2012-06-13_15-03-32_194.jpg

2012-06-13_15-03-40_53.jpg

2012-06-12_14-52-03_2691.jpg

you know its not the best looking way to keep the frame straight when i was welding it together or keeping the axle where i need it. but hell it works lol

I did end up narrowing the frame to accommodate for the bigger rims. stock frame was about 42" outside to outside and i took it to 36" outside to outside. On the 6 lug to 5 lug conversion  i measured the lug pattern and its 6x139.7mm (6x5.5) which is also the same bolt pattern as some gm, toyota and nissian trucks. the difference is the hub bore and stud size between different years. To be honest thought rims are far down the line. Before those go on engine needs a little work (ticks like a champ) :mellow: so i went a little over board and found a friend with a narrow block 4g63 turbo for cheap. thats the next project when i get back to kansas city.

Your frame isn't going to be the issue with the wheels, it's the bedsides. As for the 6 lug being the same as Nissan and GM, you're correct but the issue is that there are very few aftermarket wheels with a high enough offset to allow them to tuck on a Nissan or Mitsubishi/Dodge with the exception of billets which can be ordered to your specs but at the cost of your first born at best. Whether the rims are months or years down the road it's something to consider now so you aren't redoing everything later.

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

true true. the bed, well as of right now its being destroyed. Its gonna look like some one went wild with a cutter and a fender roller. that is if it even goes back on for right now. i might just strap it in a buddies truck have him take it home for me. With the time i have right now to get this thing driving before graduation. the bed is the least of my worries. i know its a very poor decision to just go cutting it up but it will get fixed. the narrow of my axle its also something that gonna be a later issue. I realized the other day. that I have created a lot of issue later on down the road for myself. wish i had more time to work on it here at school but just not feasible. not very happy with some issue with this thing as of right now.

I understand the time crunch and that you can't do the ideal build right now, just bringing these things to your attention so they aren't a surprise later on.

Archived