Ok I've been doing research on air suspensions for a few months now and I think I'm ready to make the plunge. I have a 2000 Lexus ES300. I want to go air to achieve the stance I want, have the convenience of quick and easy height adjustment, and a smoother ride. I'm currently running K-Sport full coilovers (Dont really like them all that much)

There has only been one person who has ever gone air on their ES that I know of in the states and unfortunately I cant get a hold of him. Here's a few of his post on clublexus. He unfortunately didnt do an install pics or post. I think he had it done at a shop.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207845

Bags he sold. But I didnt jump on it at the time. Dam it :angry:http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224958

Now I was thinking about going with Universal Air Suspension and having them fit an airbag over some KYB struts. Here's the bags: https://www.universalairsuspension.com/prod...;products_id=29 I spoke with someone from UAS and they said they could fit the bag and install the bag on either my KYB Sturts or my coilover struts.

I guess the biggest thing I need is advice as to if I'm going in the right direction as far as the bags or is there another source that I should be considering that may make finding parts and doing my install any easier? They one person who had air on his ES lived in NJ which would have made things easier if I could have gotten in contact with him since I live in MD so if anyone knows anyone or a any shop in the NorthEast that could help that would also be great. Thanks.

-Smitty

8a2irk8.jpg

soulja.gif

AIM has a bad rep. I would avoid them if you can.

Universal puts out some nice stuf i have heard.

Slam Specialties has started producing kits for car with strut bags. Before anyone I would look up slam and give them a call and see if they have a kit for that car. If not I would go the universal air. Now, the universal air will be more work. you will have to mod the struts and maybe cut off the spring perch off the strut. the AIM would be bolt in.

to my knowledge, none of those kits will layout. they will only go as ow as the strut they use.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

I am using that universal air kit on my Jetta for the front end, Like baggedbird said the universal kit will be alot of work, I had to cut of the springperch on my stock strut to get the car close to the ground.

if your car has struts on the rear they make a kit for that to but its much easier to install.

if you look in this thread you can see the kits i used and some of the work I did to make it work

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=14145

• 5 weeks later...

you might be able to get ahold of the guy here Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?Profileid=40358

says hes useing strut bags. You can get those from just about anywhere id call fbi or avs they should be able to get you every thing you need with out any problems.

yeah thats a good kit, I have that on the front of my jetta.

I worked for a shop that did a bit of business with Universal Air. I've never used their bags for their struts, but they seem to be pretty straight forward.

AIM/ChassisTech is a large company, but as been stated, their product is somewhat lacking. I think they're kind of the elemental designs of minitruckin...