Second Skin Audio

fitting 4 18's in a forester wall....

The problem is a have to clear the fuel tank hump to fit the 18's and enough cubes. I have 38"x38"x42" to work with. I calculated the over all volume out to 23.77 minus all the bracing that will have to go in. Plugged that number into Torres (desired gross volume) and came out with this port setup for just under 30hz before all the bracing gets figured in. I'm worried the awkward design might lead to issues? I don't want to waste too much time on the math if its hopeless.. you know? The subs will be Skar 1.5k's fyi.. Anyone see any glaring errors? It's my first time trying a box the isn't straight up rectangular.

wall.jpg

Edited by stanbro

sig-1.jpg

Build v1 15" Skar VVX (custom ported box) w/1.2k Sundown ampBuild v2 18" DC XL x2 (custom ported box) w/4.5k Skar amp

Build v3.3 destruction and re-construction time!

empty reply? by the way your pm came off dick-ish as fuck. and you waited 2 minutes for a reply. nice.

its pointless because why in the fucking hell would you want the subs firing in one direction and the air from the port firing in another direction that will never reach the cabin and subsequently never be heard/utilized? plus not to mention the possible cancellation because of the air from the port just moving around the hatch area causing unneeded flex. plus the differences in area in front of the subs and behind the port. if a veteran reads this, tell me if im wrong, because it works in my head.

where have you ever seen a build where the box is installed like that?

walls are ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS port forward sub forward. i dare you to find one not like that.

exactly what I was afraid of.. Thank you for the answer

and dick-ish?? not meant to be that way.. just in a hurry for an answer. I guess and I was drunk-n forum posting. :pardon:

Edited by stanbro

sig-1.jpg

Build v1 15" Skar VVX (custom ported box) w/1.2k Sundown ampBuild v2 18" DC XL x2 (custom ported box) w/4.5k Skar amp

Build v3.3 destruction and re-construction time!