Second Skin Audio

Sealed box for 2 12" Alpine Type R SWR-1242D

i have owned some type r's and my opinion is that they are good for rap and not much else , they are some what impressive but not so much acoustically correct . didn't have any midbass drivers playing with the type r's and maybe that would have made the difference as they played loud very low but dropped of very fast as notes get higher . tried sealed and ported boxes with them eventually sold them to get something else , my opinion is look elsewhere for a sound quality sub especially if you listen to multiple genres of music

what box designs did you use for the ported and sealed boxes? if you bought the boxes already made, then your test results are completely irrelevant.

type r's do not like sealed boxes.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

i actually toyed around with a single 10 for a while , tried a bass tube sealed , and played with porting and tried adding some poly fill on the tube, and i also built a single sealed box with a 10" passive radiator and changed box volume a few times with that , other wise i had a pair of type 10's in a couple different pre-fab boxes that i would have thought to be better quality out of the pre-fab boxes

How did the 10 inches sound in the prefab sealed box?

if i remember right , they were very loud and gnarly from about 28hz to 45 or 50hz area and every thing above dropped off fast

i played a bunch of test tones from a bass mekanic disc and sort of analyzed with my ear and the seat of my pants

Archived