Sundown Audio

SK-1500.1 Discovery!

Sheena

so what you have done is this. Play a song with quiet bass. have your bass knob all the way up, set your gain. Then adjust down the knob as needed. Right?

uhh, if i play a song with quiet bass i just turn the gain knob up a tiny bit.. lol.

if the gain knob is already maxed (so called proper tuning) it cant go any higher, and the bass will still be quiet on that song.

this is rather unfortunate because i wanted to hear the song.

No you dumbass if you tune it the proper way any song with bass should get loud when full tilt and bass knob all the way open, if its too boom boom then you turn the bass knob down, and if its too quiet then tough luck get more power, the way your describing it is you're pushing your amp into clipping to make it a bit louder to your ear. But go ahead blow your equipment.

or the song is -10db. but your the pro here, tell me how all songs are the same loudness.

I'm not by any means a pro but I have a logical understanding of how shit works which apparently you don't. Idk what kind of music you listen to but I've never had an issue with certain songs being quiet, maybe you're expecting more bass from a song when its not supposed to sound line that? If your bumping anything by decaf, pimpin, Gucci, jeezy, rap etc and you complain about a song being too quiet then your ears are failing, equipment failing or you need more power. Don't go around listening to journey or music like that and expect the bass to hit like rap music.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Problem solved for at least 1000 hours.

.... :ninja:

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived